Search

Some nice gifts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2000, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Some nice gifts

For some reason, US sents me a 2nd Silver Preferred package 5 weeks after the first so now I have 4 SWUs and 4 N Am. upgrades. For some letters I wrote (constructive and detailed service problems re: 40 min. wait for a gate at PIT and problems with specifying delivery addresses using the website, and complimenting the service given by a particular fA, they gave me a $75 coupon but wrong gender to my name. How will I use this against a web-purchased fare? Now to get them to get the gold package to me.....
Old Jun 28, 2000, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Never a bad problem to have. When I made Gold under the challenge, and had enough miles under the double miles promotion to requalify for Silver next year, I received both another Silver packet and my Gold packet. So, I've now got 6 SWU's which I better not forget to use.

Again, I'm quite happy to have the "problem."
Old Jun 28, 2000, 11:01 pm
dg1

My wife re-qualified for Silver two weeks (mid May) before she qualified for Gold under the promotion.

She got the Gold package two weeks after she qualified but never got a Silver package. It looks like she got ripped off

Edited to be more 'PC' ugh

[This message has been edited by dg1 (edited 06-29-2000).]
Old Jun 29, 2000, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Hmm, you know the origin of the expression "to get gyped"? It comes from the word "gypsy," and it suggests that gypsies are not all that honest. Not the most PC expression to use these days!
Old Jun 30, 2000, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

zrs70-

Your comment is historically interesting. Thanks for the education. Being nicely PC seems to be in direct proportion to the (1) lobbying $$$ spent, (2) votes expected or (3) expected pork barrel spending in any ranking congressman's district. The "G" word seems to fail all three tests.

Until I hear of a SPCG (easy to decode) one can probably still continue use the word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.