Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus double miles for involuntary reroute?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2000, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Bonus double miles for involuntary reroute?

My BOS-PHL-SEA trip on 18 April got scrubbed due to weather at PHL. Since I was involuntarily rerouted to HP, I assume I will get the basic miles. Will I get the bonus too? 4,700 is a lot to lose for an involuntary. Has anyone experienced this since the promotion began?
Old Apr 21, 2000, 8:54 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Nope - just remember to complete the little form they give you to get credit. Last time I dealt with an involuntary and was flown on a different carrier, I did receive miles+segment credit. If you don't get the double credit, get it squared away with the service center (after all it was involuntary).
Old Apr 21, 2000, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A little problem here. I didn't get the form (will it be too late to ask later?) I did get a reason-for-delay slip. I *think* the check-in agent filled out the mileage form.
Old Apr 21, 2000, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Who knows? They'll obviously have your record available to the DM Service Center - so give them a call. Given the circumstances and the general willingness to be real friendly and win back customers after the threat of the shutdown, I'm sure they'll be more than helpful.
Old Apr 30, 2000, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks to all for replying. I request to US online after 8 days (flight was to be on the 18th but the earliest I could have it requested was on the 26th). Took them 2 days to get around to giving me the miles which is quyite good. Unfortunately it didn't come with the elite miles (these 2 flights would have kicked me up to silver) and sequentially they came before the flights on the 19th that did kick me up to silver first. Made a request to have it adjusted to reflect this. Actually got a reply sent around 8am this Saturday(!) which told me it was adjusted and my bonus miles should be posted within 24 hrs. They haven't been but I will give it until Monday.
Old May 1, 2000, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Somewhat along the same line:

My wife had reservations on US(but was not ticketed) for a round-trip BTV-DUL-BTV starting 3/27 (the Monday after the planned strike date). The previous Friday, US informed her corporate TA that she should be rebook with another airline for that RT because of the potential strike.

She rebooked and flew with UA for that RT. About 10 days ago, she talked to the Dividend Miles office about getting credit for the UA flights. Eventually, she got a supervisor who promised to give credit for the UA flights (when they receive copies of the boarding passes on UA) and would count the miles/segments towards the current Silver>Gold promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.