Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330 Seating Configuration

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 1999, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

A330 Seating Configuration

Apparently, according to my itinerary, I'll be riding one of the new A330's in May on my way back from Paris (CDG-PHL). I think I remember reading in a post somewhere that there will be 9 first class seats. Thus, it would seem there must be a seating diagramme available for the new US planes somewhere? Could anyone point me in the right direction?? Unfortunately, because of the lack of US international upgrades using ANYTHING and a lack of miles to use for an 80,000 mile award, I'll be in the back; but I was curious about the rest of the seating configuration on the plane. If nothing else, I suspect I'll like it more than their 767's. Those new A319's and A320's are great!

P.S. I'll be flying back to BOS out of PIT on Monday (29th Nov), if any of you will be there.

[This message has been edited by ThisFlightNoFuel (edited 11-27-1999).]
Old Nov 28, 1999, 12:24 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Diagram is available on Priority Travelworks (which is discontinued this coming week), and isn't available on line. Might be in the ITN site. In any case, F class is one row 2-2-2.
Old Nov 28, 1999, 1:26 pm
dg1

We're all still waiting for that press release to tell us more about the 3 class configuration... Six seats? I guess they don't expect to sell many first class seats.

In the PIT newspaper lsat weekend they had a talk with the USAirways director of international travel. He said that USAirways is going to lay off expanding their international routes and go more in the partner direction. He said there is a good chance USAirways may join one of the big alliances. Oneworld maybe?

I will actually be flying out of PIT myself on Nov 29. However, my flight's at 10:10pm... I doubt you'll be connecting that late, but just in case I'd be happy to get together.
Old Nov 29, 1999, 6:29 am
geo1004

I spoke with a US Airways flight attendant trainer the other day and he confirmed the 6 seats in 2x2x2 configuration on the new A-330's. He said that they have gone out and surveyed all the major carriers First Class International product and the folks who fly on US's new First Class will be "pampered beyond belief". He also mentioned there would be 3 flight attendants assigned the First Class cabin... nice ratio of 1:3 for top notch service. Why only 6 seats... they plan to sell them... not comp upgrade them. No mention of using miles to get up front... we'll see.

p.s. I also heard about US Airways moving toward a global alliance... oneworld makes the most sense. I hope it happens.

Old Nov 29, 1999, 9:09 am
dg1

That's ok IMHO. I just hope they consider comp or low mile standby upgrades to envoy/business class now that the section is expanded and they have first. I know if they don't I'll be firing off a letter to Customer Relations. At least now they pretend to listen to me

And not to be picky, but isn't six seats and three flight attendants a 1:2 ratio? <g>

Old Nov 29, 1999, 2:22 pm

There is an article in this month's Attache Magazine about the new A330s. It says details about the new First Class will be released in the near future.
http://www.attachemag.com/referen/whatsnew.htm

I just made my last booking on Priority TravelWorks. I'll miss it! It was great and so much better than their website (much faster and the ability to book on other airlines). I fired out a letter to customer service, but it will be discontinued. I can only hope that it will work Wednesday morning, but since I got another letter from US last week about it, I guess it won't. :-(
I remember the first flight I booked on it. It was when it first came out and I booked a BA flight to London (still during the alliance of USAir and BA). Good Bye, Priority TravelWorks, I'll miss you!

BizJet

Old Nov 30, 1999, 6:24 am
geo1004

dg1:

To Priority Travel Works: bon voyage my friend!

Old Dec 2, 1999, 1:38 pm
Original Member

FWIW, I just completed a r/t to Europe on Swissair on a new A-330 in coach. Very nice. Seating is 2-4-2, and SR left the middle two seats unoccupied and indicated that they "try" to not pack the flight.

This is clearly my first pick for coach travel. Business class seemed to be not as nice as United on the B-777, but then again, European carriers are known for "no nonsense" business class, whereas American carriers tend to have "quasi-first class."

Anyway, the coach seats reclined beyond comparison, each seat had a video and telephone and lumbar support was great.

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.