Wiki Posts
Search

Comped Preferred Plus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 1999, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Comped Preferred Plus

I moved recently to Northern Virginia, outside of Washington DC, as some of you may know.

I am Platinum on AA, from the challenge, and fly them about 2 times per week. I fly quite a lot of routes that US flies and after a lot of reflection decided to get comped on US. I wrote a letter and faxed it along with a copy of my AA web site AAdvantage print-out. In a jif, they called back and made me a Preferred Plus, which is equivalent to Platinum. (Preferred Plus doesn't quite have the ring to it that Platinum has, does it??)

I feel that I will fly at least 60 segments on US. How are upgrade opptys, elite program, treatment, etc?

I am embarking on a Canadair regional jet tmrw DCA-HSV on US in fact. No upgrade oppty as only one class of service.
Old Oct 27, 1999, 6:58 am
geo1004

Richard, I think you'll find US's Preferred treatment a suprise. I'm also Pref Plus and have had no trouble upgrading. I'm flyin' out of DCA on the Shuttle tonight @ 7 pm (wed, 27th)... are you going to be around or will your CRJ have lifted off already???

Old Oct 28, 1999, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I left yesterday am (I think.) Maybe I'll be able to see you soon on another trip through DCA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.