Wiki Posts
Search

A4Coach Fares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 1999, 8:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

A4Coach Fares

US Air now lists on their web site the transcont. & long=haul flights on which they will make available the A4Coach fare, which automatically books you in 1st class for the price of a full-fare coach ticket. Unfortunately, it only includes longer flights out west from Eastern cities, and not flights down to Florida from PHL (going there on Feb. 15th, returning 17th). but, it's at least a good start. Will be heading to Phoenix, ABQ and DEN in early March, and this could mean that I'll be able to upgrade to first on the way out and the way back.

Old Feb 10, 1999, 8:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Unfortunately, DCA does not qualify as an origin/destination for the A4 fares. I recently went to SFO and took a US Air connection from DCA to Baltimore to take advantage of the A4 fare. The fare was actually less expensive than UA's Y class fare from IAD-SFO.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know what type of restrictions are placed on these fares, trying to book two of these tickets, but want to know if I can change to a different flight on the same day if necessary.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:18 am

I flew an A4 fare last week to TPA. It booked as full Y on the US Airways Express portion, and A on the mainline portion. I'm guessing that the ticket was fully flexible based on its being a Y fare which automatically upgrades into A at the time of booking.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Ahh, another blast from the past.

I didn't know that US Airways still ran BWI-DCA flights as recently as 1999 (per MileKing's post).
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:35 am

You need to look at the particular A fare. There are many variations. Some are very restrictive and some are just like a full Y.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It says changes allowed, but do I have to wait for another A fare to be available if Im switching flights? or can I switch to any flight with availability? is there a fee?
Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It says changes allowed, but do I have to wait for another A fare to be available if Im switching flights? or can I switch to any flight with availability? is there a fee?
Read the fare rules!
Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Ahh, another blast from the past.

I didn't know that US Airways still ran BWI-DCA flights as recently as 1999 (per MileKing's post).

I honestly need to be warned when posts are very, very old, like this one! I was sitting here thinking Connection . . DCA . . BWI . . can't be. Then I see your post . . . and feel a little stupid!
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:06 am

Programs: United Gold
Url?

Originally Posted by Djlawman
US Air now lists on their web site the transcont. & long=haul flights on which they will make available the A4Coach fare, which automatically books you in 1st class for the price of a full-fare coach ticket. Unfortunately, it only includes longer flights out west from Eastern cities, and not flights down to Florida from PHL (going there on Feb. 15th, returning 17th). but, it's at least a good start. Will be heading to Phoenix, ABQ and DEN in early March, and this could mean that I'll be able to upgrade to first on the way out and the way back.
Can someone post the URL listing the city pairs?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by MileKing
Unfortunately, DCA does not qualify as an origin/destination for the A4 fares.
I've found A fares from DCA to LIT as well as LAX.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:05 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by hscottm
Can someone post the URL listing the city pairs?
Note I havent found the city listing, but I did find the overall A4COACH program website:

http://www.usairways.com/pro/travel_programs/a4coach/

US is nuts to give as an example a $1932 Boston-Miami A4COACH fare. This just perpetuates the perception of large fare discrepancies between legacy carriers and LCCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.