Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong Meal Served

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:46 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
I would give the airline the benefit of the doubt. The caterer was scheduled to load the plane at 8 am and they were thinking "breakfast" at that hour. Anyway, 9:30 local time at the departure point is within the breakfast time frame.

At one place where I used to work I would get there early to beat the traffic and on some occasions got ice cream or microwaveable spaghetti from a vending machine for breakfast. Got curious looks from co-workers.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm
Old Mar 13, 2005, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Back to the original question, if a flight departs at 9am, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to be served breakfast (or at least, I wouldn't have 6 years ago. Today, I'd be surprised to get anything)
Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Blast from the Past

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.

It's amazing what the passage of time does for looking back on this thread. As the OP, I'd be glad if I got any decent food these days, as opposed to caring whether it was breakfast or lunch.

In fact, when I saw the thread title on the board, and saw that it was my original thread, I was very confused for a while. Had no recollection of ever starting a thread with this title (presuming, wrongly, that it was a recent thread).

Djlawman
Old Jan 9, 2008, 1:33 pm

Food on Airlines (Unless International)

Originally Posted by Djlawman
Friday, after a West Coast week, I flew home to PHL from Seattle on US Air flight 104. Leaves Seattle and gets into PHL at about 5 pm. Now, what meal would you think they should serve on this flight? Since we all obeyed our airline and were at the airport at least 1 hr. prior to departure, that means we have all been up since at least 7 am, or in my case since 6 am. So, by the time we reach cruising altitude at 9:30 am, we have already had breakfast a couple of hours ago. So, you would think that they would wait a while, and then serve lunch, Right??? Well, of course, you and I would both be wrong. They served breakfast.
Is US Air doing this because they are just stupid, or is it because that way they can get away with serving us a cheaper meal? Seems to be part of a pattern to completely eliminate any good meal service on US Air--which unfortunately I am forced to fly since PHL is only their hub.
Your were served breakfast during breakfast hours. What is stupid about that? By the way, let's not forget that UsAirways is considered a low cost carrier. The food issue on airlines should not even be an issue any longer, simple solution is bring your own food with you. I do. That way I have what I want to eat rather than a sugar laden "snack' with no option. WORD TO ALL TRAVELERS: BRING YOUR OWN FOOD WITH YOU. Flying is not what it used to be so food on board should no longer be considered a novelty. Many bus and train tickets now cost more than flying and there are no meals served on buses with minimal service on some trains.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 1:37 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by planefun
Your were served breakfast during breakfast hours. What is stupid about that? By the way, let's not forget that UsAirways is considered a low cost carrier. The food issue on airlines should not even be an issue any longer, simple solution is bring your own food with you. I do. That way I have what I want to eat rather than a sugar laden "snack' with no option. WORD TO ALL TRAVELERS: BRING YOUR OWN FOOD WITH YOU. Flying is not what it used to be so food on board should no longer be considered a novelty. Many bus and train tickets now cost more than flying and there are no meals served on buses with minimal service on some trains.
You realize that the post you are responding to is nine years old right?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 1:40 pm
njm

Programs: AGR, CO
Originally Posted by g_leyser
You realize that the post you are responding to is nine years old right?
LOL, I was wondering about this... this thread has three lives, apparently. I guess this came up in a search of lousy food for breakfast, or something to that effect?

Planefun, I'm honestly curious -- where did this come from? How did you pull up this thread?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by planefun
let's not forget that UsAirways is considered a low cost carrier
Not in 1999.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 6:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Platinum Marriott, AA Gold, Silver NW
i cant believe this thread has been resurected. But glad to see for the most part that meals have not changed much.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by njm
Planefun, I'm honestly curious -- where did this come from? How did you pull up this thread?
Maybe planefun's reply got stuck in a time continuum since their last post was almost 3 years ago, when the last post to this thread was made.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:28 am

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
It's 9 years later...........can we still agree than we'd all appreciate a good meal, but understand that we won't get one?

(does this mean I won't be getting a full hot meal on my DH8 flights from HVN to PHL? Oh right, I'm lucky if I get a can of Coke on that flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.