Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 5 Credit Card Hits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: SQ
I'm pretty sure that everyone who got a card that doesn't say US Airways on the top is the WRONG CARD.

I had the old debit card before, and it was standard BOA colors, and I used it all the time. They told me I NEEDED to get the new card, and that the old card was invalid. I'd go to the local BOA branch and get it fixed - they tend to screw things up.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Annoyingly, I am still waiting for a response to my application. My lowest credit score is 830, so I am not sure what the frikkin' delay is. Also, they are jerk faces for saying "instant approval" and then making a person wait DAYS (at least). I applied last week...still nothing.

I will get it and get my hit. Then I will cancel it.

Weenies.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by honeytoes
Annoyingly, I am still waiting for a response to my application. My lowest credit score is 830, so I am not sure what the frikkin' delay is. Also, they are jerk faces for saying "instant approval" and then making a person wait DAYS (at least). I applied last week...still nothing.

I will get it and get my hit. Then I will cancel it.

Weenies.
EDIT lol after I posted my replied I realized you were talking about credit card application not the checking account and debit card :P I also applied for the credit card with instant approval on 9/20 and got couple of emails on 9/21 to welcome me to the mastercard and paperless statements. but I am still waiting for the card.

I applied yesterday and they called me today to verify my identity then told me I have to go to a branch office to finish the application process with 2 forms of IDs. I will do that tomorrow morning.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

BoA is out of their damn minds. I just reapplied for a Checking account and hope it sneaks through their net of bull .....
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Should US miles earned be reflected on the checking statement or just magically post to US? I activated my US debit card mid cycle and as of the 9/27 statement there are no signs (miles earned, US logo, annual fee deduction) I am in the affinity scheme. Debit card is branded US though.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
I am doing Grand Slam for both myself and my 16 year old daughter. I was going to get her her first checking account/debit card but the minimum age is 18 so I had pretty much written off her getting any of these credit/debit card hits.

Then...

I booked a USAir ticket for her recently, paid for with MY USAir Mastercard. This line item showed up on HER DM statement:

9/29/2011 10/01/11 MCQ3-USAIRWAYS MASTERCARD 1000 BONUS 1,000

Anyone think that this might generate a hit somehow?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by adkrick
I am doing Grand Slam for both myself and my 16 year old daughter. I was going to get her her first checking account/debit card but the minimum age is 18 so I had pretty much written off her getting any of these credit/debit card hits.

Then...

I booked a USAir ticket for her recently, paid for with MY USAir Mastercard. This line item showed up on HER DM statement:

9/29/2011 10/01/11 MCQ3-USAIRWAYS MASTERCARD 1000 BONUS 1,000

Anyone think that this might generate a hit somehow?
Possibly but this looks more like a booking bonus and not the hit for using the debit / credit card.

This is how it posts to my account:

4/1/2011 04/05/11 US AIRWAYS DEBIT CARD EVERYDAY PURCHASES 4
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Originally Posted by iang000
Possibly but this looks more like a booking bonus and not the hit for using the debit / credit card.

This is how it posts to my account:

4/1/2011 04/05/11 US AIRWAYS DEBIT CARD EVERYDAY PURCHASES 4
Guess I will just wait and see. I am well familiar with what the regular postings look like. If it generates a hit it will be a unanticipated bonus...I am just wondering if "Mastercard" in the posting will somehow trip the "counter". Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:19 am

For those who got denied US Airways Business Credit card, my experience might help. I got my personal US Airways credit card approved about a month ago. Tried applying online for the business card last Friday but the system said that I would receive the decision in the mail. On Saturday I called in to check the status and was told that my application was denied. On Monday, called the credit department to enquire for the reason and was told that I just got approved for the personal credit card a month ago and hence the system automatically declined my business card application. She looked at my personal credit score and said that I qualified for the business card as well and manually overide the system to get me approved.

I applied for the one with $79 annual fee which comes with 25K welcome bonus miles. There is also a no fee business US Airways credit card with 5,000 bonus miles. So you can go for that as well if you don't want to pay but in my opinion it's worth it for the extra miles. Hope this helps some who want to get an extra hit at free or minimal charge.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:50 am

Has the debit card already posted for this month? I had heard they post at the beginning of the month. I got my card in mid-September and did multiple charges, but I have yet to see anything post. My account was just recently deducted for the $30 fee.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Has the debit card already posted for this month? I had heard they post at the beginning of the month. I got my card in mid-September and did multiple charges, but I have yet to see anything post. My account was just recently deducted for the $30 fee.
mine has not posted. i dont use it often but i used it for credit for 1 dollars last month. hope it posts soon..
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbd456
mine has not posted. i dont use it often but i used it for credit for 1 dollars last month. hope it posts soon..
$1 will probably not get a hit. You must earn at least a mile which requires $2!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
are you talking about the debit card? because that one gives you 1 mile for 2 dollars used.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Liar
are you talking about the debit card? because that one gives you 1 mile for 2 dollars used.
damn. they dont round up?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

damn. they dont round up?
Why would they, you're not going to get a hit for 1/2 a mile. Quit being so frugal and go spend $2!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.