Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Partners with no information on the US website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

I've gone through all the partners linked on US' website in order to determine the hits I'll be participating in. However I can't find a handful of partners that are listed on the Grand Slam rules page (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...slamrules.html).

AAA Carolinas Auto Club
Life Shield

Any information on these two?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Here is the link for Life Shield. I found it by just googling:

http://www.lifeshield.com/usaireml
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by treznor
I've gone through all the partners linked on US' website in order to determine the hits I'll be participating in. However I can't find a handful of partners that are listed on the Grand Slam rules page (http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...slamrules.html).

AAA Carolinas Auto Club
Life Shield

Any information on these two?
Find it here my friend
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
Here is the link for Life Shield. I found it by just googling:

http://www.lifeshield.com/usaireml
I think I remember reading the hit requires a 1-year subscription at a minimum, but I could be wrong. Seems to be $35/month.

Only seems to be a good hit for someone already planning on getting a home security system. Even then it may not be a good idea depending on other offers (5000 miles isn't much when you're paying a monthly fee).
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Find it here my friend
We know what AAA is, we don't know where the offer page is, or details of it.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by maksimfa
Oh, my mistake. I don't think they will give points if they are not listed on the info page, do they? At least last year, they wouldn't give any hits
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Oh, my mistake. I don't think they will give points if they are not listed on the info page, do they?
Which is exactly the purpose of this thread; to discern how exactly to move forward on a hit for these aformentioned businesses.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat
IIRC, the same thing happened last year with AAA. Recently there was this thread about a promo code for joining that got 750 miles for folks in Midatl and AZ. There's probably a code that can be entered to earn the miles.

I wonder whether Carolina residents who subscribe to the various DM emails might have a code somewhere. I know the lifeshield thing came out via email last month. Perhaps the AAA thing was targeted via email too (or will be once the GS promo actually starts).

Whilst we're on the subject -- anyone have any idea how miles are earned via Starwood Vacation Ownership?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by DCAorBust

Whilst we're on the subject -- anyone have any idea how miles are earned via Starwood Vacation Ownership?
You Should concentrate on the StarPoints you can negotiate for and not worry about the miles so much. You can bargain for 200k+ star points if you are a good negotiator. Keep in mind this will be a $25k timeshare purchase. Useless as a hit unless you're already planning on buying a timeshare.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Verizon Is on the list, but for what?

Verizon is on the hit list, but can't find any other info. Is it for any Verizon Purchase? or a new service? Please point me in the right direction...
Eileen
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by EileenSRN
Verizon is on the hit list, but can't find any other info. Is it for any Verizon Purchase? or a new service? Please point me in the right direction...
Eileen
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html (link & summary in post #1; discussion downthread).
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by maksimfa
Indeed, I'm actually a member of AAA Carolinas. Trying to see if I can get a hit and a few miles for renewing early Just took a look through my email at my US promo emails and couldn't find a reference to AAA there either.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by treznor
Indeed, I'm actually a member of AAA Carolinas. Trying to see if I can get a hit and a few miles for renewing early Just took a look through my email at my US promo emails and couldn't find a reference to AAA there either.
Same here. Thinking about your idea or even canceling my current subscription and then signing up again after Sept. 14. Think that would work?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I would add Dish to the list. I never saw anyone claim they got that hit last year.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by dwcatty
I would add Dish to the list. I never saw anyone claim they got that hit last year.
What list -- the titular list of "partners with no info on the US website"? See my comprehensive set of links (cited in post #11 above), which directs you to the Dish offer.

As for whether anybody claimed they got that hit last year, I don't see that as especially informative. Dish is explicitly listed as a GS hit partner, and there's a link from the US site w/offer details. I don't see much ground for uncertainty. (Now, if someone had signed up last year but not gotten the hit, that would be telling. But I don't think you're making that claim.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.