Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Stays [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Ok, this has already been asked but I didn't see an answer. For the HHonors promotion ending September 30th, will a stay at a Hampton Inn (normally 100 miles but doubled to 200) count as a hit? I have been crediting those stays to Southwest and notice that they post in two different 600-point credits, so I assume the same thing would hold true for DM. Any insight?
I don't know the answer for a fact, but am willing to postulate here. I think if you get the double miles at a Hampton for a single stay before the end of the month that you have earned 200 miles and therefor get the hit.

However, at the beginning of this promo you had to make a choice between double Hhonors points or double airline miles. ~I~ selected double Hhonors miles for myself. Someone new to that promotion would need to be sure to register and select double airline miles.

Hope that helps.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I don't know the answer for a fact, but am willing to postulate here. I think if you get the double miles at a Hampton for a single stay before the end of the month that you have earned 200 miles and therefor get the hit.

However, at the beginning of this promo you had to make a choice between double Hhonors points or double airline miles. ~I~ selected double Hhonors miles for myself. Someone new to that promotion would need to be sure to register and select double airline miles.

Hope that helps.
Good point. I (for one) did register for double miles and have been raking in the Southwest points even at Hamptons! I sure hope you're right, as I have a bunch of Hampton stays coming up.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Discounted pre-paid hotels

From past experience last year did discounted pre-paid rates count as hits? I can book a Quality Inn for $33+tax prepaid thru Quality's website, or the reg rate paid upon check-in would be $40+tax. No sense in me wasting $33 if the pre-paid rate won't qualify.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
From past experience last year did discounted pre-paid rates count as hits? I can book a Quality Inn for $33+tax prepaid thru Quality's website, or the reg rate paid upon check-in would be $40+tax. No sense in me wasting $33 if the pre-paid rate won't qualify.
You can answer this for yourself. The Choice Hotels web site displays whether or not the stay will earn credit (points or miles) during the reservation process.

Do a search by providing location and dates. Hit the Check Rates button next to the hotel you want to investigate. Then hover over the desired value in the Other Rates dropdown, or over the specific rate tab(s) that appear above the Room Listings. This hover text will generally indicate whether or not the rate qualifies for credit (points or miles).

Your reservation confirmation email will also include credit eligibility info.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by starflyer
Do a search by providing location and dates. Hit the Check Rates button next to the hotel you want to investigate. Then hover over the desired value in the Other Rates dropdown, or over the specific rate tab(s) that appear above the Room Listings. This hover text will generally indicate whether or not the rate qualifies for credit (points or miles).

Your reservation confirmation email will also include credit eligibility info.
Thanks, nice to know. Since it's a prepay, do the points (miles) post right away or on the "stay" date?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by aglasgow
Thanks, nice to know. Since it's a prepay, do the points (miles) post right away or on the "stay" date?
After the stay.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by starflyer
The Choice Hotels web site displays whether or not the stay will earn credit (points or miles) during the reservation process.
Awesome. I haven't done a dummy reservation yet, so I didn't realize it told you at check out. Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:35 am

Hotel spend?

Hi, guys:

2 questions here:

1) does the SPG hotel spend still count (I know it needs to be 200 points to be transferred)? Say I spend $70 in a Sheraton for dinner, then I will get 210 spg points, as a platinum, then it is qualified as a stay, a hit?

2) I just booked a 2-night stay in JW Marriott hotel in Beijing with my reward cerfiticate, I will spend $100 for dinner or even shopping in the hotel, then it should be 200 points (US Air), right? is it qualified as a stay, a hit?

Thanks,
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by cjzhang2000
1) does the SPG hotel spend still count (I know it needs to be 200 points to be transferred)? Say I spend $70 in a Sheraton for dinner, then I will get 210 spg points, as a platinum, then it is qualified as a stay, a hit?
Yes.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by travelkid
Yes.
Minus any alcohol.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by stinger101
Minus any alcohol.
How puritanical.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 5:59 pm

Minus any alcohol.
Only true in some states -- CA, MA, OR I think -- which have no alcohol as rewards or in sweepstakes laws. Most states permit points on alcohol.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:25 pm

Minus any alcohol.
That's the case only in certain states (CA, HI, MA, OR).

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post14578380
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I Selected the double points option and I think fixed miles at 500 per stay with US AIR isn't that enough to earn a hit ?
What's the minimum points needed per stay . I'm also staying at a Marriott resort paying $180 surely that's enough to class as a hit.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I Selected the double points option and I think fixed miles at 500 per stay with US AIR isn't that enough to earn a hit ?
Glad to help^ See post 1@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.