Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Transfers [GS 2011 master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
anyone else having a problem getting wyndham pts to transfer??

trying to add to cart-but they refuse to go in no matter how hard i press
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by amolkold
My response was for your odd question about the sweep happening on the 9th in Thailand despite the fact that US is based in Phoenix, AZ, USA, where it is still before 9pm on the 8th.
Your sarcasm detector is in need of repair. Do you think I'd seriously inquire if, when only a handful of time zones have entered the 9th, and the US completely still on the 8th, there would be an imminent sweept?

Originally Posted by beltway
Yes, of course: Tajik Air.
That's borderline Asia. Depending of course upon which airlines' FFP plan you're booking from.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Your sarcasm detector is in need of repair. Do you think I'd seriously inquire if, when only a handful of time zones have entered the 9th, and the US completely still on the 8th, there would be an imminent sweept?
Sorry 'bout that. My response was on the mobile app which doesn't show emoticons. A "" is definitely an indicator of sarcasm.

Although your first post has no indication of sarcasm, which is rather tough to portray through text on the internet.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by amolkold
Sorry 'bout that. My response was on the mobile app which doesn't show emoticons. A "" is definitely an indicator of sarcasm.

Although your first post has no indication of sarcasm, which is rather tough to portray through text on the internet.
Maybe it was too dry. I'll spice it up next time!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Maybe it was too dry. I'll spice it up next time!
I like my wit how I like my Pad Thai -- spicy.

Also, happy to say that after a neurotic month of checking in to my local Doubletree, I've finally amassed 1000 points from Topguest and 10K points on Hilton, enough to make a transfer. Hit #34! ^
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I bought a Big Fish game (for $3) through the Choice shopping portal. Does anyone have any experience in how long it takes to post to your Choice account?
Finally got my Choice pts from Big Fish Games. I believe I signed up around Sept 24.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
anyone else having a problem getting wyndham pts to transfer??

trying to add to cart-but they refuse to go in no matter how hard i press
Multiple transfers, never a problem.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by mgs3354
just wanted to make sure that transfer date was being used for post date for folks that have done a bunch of them-thank you
I'd avoid La Quinta at this point. For other transfers, I've tried to note what date was used as the activity date in the first post where it's not the date the transfer was initiated.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
VERY IMPORTANT change for me, as I'd also planned out my six hotel stays. This should insure that I hit the magical 40 mark....
Do you have a "buffer" or insurance hit in your back pocket?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Datapoint for Hyatt transfer:

11/6/2011 11/09/11 CONVERSION: HYATT-POINTS TO MILES 2,000

11/6 was the date of the transfer request.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: US,HH
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I'd avoid La Quinta at this point. For other transfers, I've tried to note what date was used as the activity date in the first post where it's not the date the transfer was initiated.
I want to make one insurance hit transfer. I can do Choice or Carlson. Collective wisdoms says?

I don't stay at either so I'm not really worried about the cost of the lost points/nights. I am thinking more towards consistentcy of posting times and least amount of hassle.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:51 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by kellio33
I want to make one insurance hit transfer. I can do Choice or Carlson. Collective wisdoms says?

I don't stay at either so I'm not really worried about the cost of the lost points/nights. I am thinking more towards consistentcy of posting times and least amount of hassle.
I bought Choice for 50-55$ and it posted reliably on time.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by kellio33

Originally Posted by ffI
I bought Choice for 50-55$ and it posted reliably on time.
I would vote Choice as well; reports are that they use the correct activity date and you should end up with some leftover points for next year with their current buying bonus
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: US,HH
Thank you both for the advice
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
dammit first foul bowl on gs 2011... got to find another hit for an account.
La Quinta transfer, account #1 transfer made on nov 4th, posted today with act date of 11/10. account #2, transfer made on nov 7th, did not post today so will post on the 17th with an activity date of 11/17 .

anyone knows if hyatt transfer can post to another person?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.