Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines Thread [2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz

This is the thread to use for posting your sightings of celebrities/notable/newsworthy public figures while travelling. Here are a few ground rules:

• The sighting must occur either on a United flight (or related regional/express carriers) or at a UA terminal.
  • Comments about individuals sighted by others should be kept to a minumim to keep the thread reasonable easy to follow during the year.

Here's a link to older threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...gh-2011-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...sightings.html (CO Celebrity Sighting Thread)

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: United Premier Gold , Marriott Gold
Colin Farell in CLT customs yesterday. Not sure what flight he go off.

[I] took UA to GCM and a codeshare on USAirways back.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 23, 2012 at 1:10 pm Reason: added clarification on how the sighting took place
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Congressman Steny Hoyer on 1/13 SFO-IAD redeye. He was in F.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:51 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kathy Griffin and two of her entourage were behind me at the T7 Elite checkpoint at LAX today.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 20, 2012 at 10:23 pm
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar

Ken Salazar was on UA 594 DEN-MIA on Monday 1/16. He was travelling alone and sat in 7F (I was in 7C). I didn't notice him until mid-flight when a woman barged into the bulkhead row and stood right in front of him to gush praises at him for several minutes. He was wearing a baseball cap with the Interior Department seal (big giveaway) and his trademark black cowboy boots. Two uniformed Interior Department employees were waiting at the gate for his arrival.

He deplaned LAST. There was a wheelchair-bound gentleman in 7D and Salazar waited for the plane aisle wheelchair to arrive for that passenger instead of walking in front of him (even though this was a large bulkhead).

He was apparently on his way to make an announcement about snakes in the Everglades: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-...species-banned

Neither him nor I may not get to take this route on UA again, the DEN-MIA non-stop is gone as of March
Old Jan 19, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, H.H. Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, Enterprise Plat, Avis Pres Club
Stephanie Hayden and Kris Ford of "Sons of Guns" in BTR 1/16 around 8AM.

They were both quite nice and allowed me to take a few pictures with them.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Jessie Jackson ORD to LHR 3/1/12
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:51 pm

Victoria Silvstedt, from SXM-EWR. Was with an PA helping her through the checkin process, but was travelling alone.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Nancy Pelosi lying from KOA to SFO. She was sitting in coach on a rescheduled flight. He husband was in another row.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:47 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
M 1/16 around 11am, saw actor Tim Robbins going through UA premier security lines at LAX. I assume returning home to NYC after attending the Golden Globe Awards the night prior.

He opted for the TSA pat-down instead of the body scanner.

It was cool to see him emerge from his coverings and then to get dressed again to become incognito. Heavy leather jacket with a high collar. Beanie cap. Wouldn't have noticed him otherwise.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Jodie Foster in SFO IFL earlier this evening. I've flown with her once before, but she and her kids were in C that flt.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
Wanda Sykes at Houston UC near C34

Sitting in UC Houston near Gate C30. Wanda Sykes and a friend/guest/spouse at her side walked in before me. UC Agent made quite a spectacle welcoming her to the Club...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:56 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
Continental Flight 1425 DEN-IAH this morning. Denver Broncos Head Coach John Fox and John Elway in First Class...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

UA907 ORD-SFO 1/18. Had the honor of meeting Senator Maria Cantwell of Washington sitting next to me. Both our upgrades didn't clear on the 3 class flight. - she was in middle seat in Y. Very nice woman
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:27 pm

Lou Holtz ESPN Analyst and former Notre Dame football coach sitting in F on CO1632 AUS-IAH on 1/13. Said he was heading home to Orlando.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.