Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, SPG Gold
Celebrity Sightings?

Saw this question posted on the AA forum, was curious to see the results on Continental flights. Anyone spot any celebs on CO flights?

Personally, I'm not much of a celeb spotter so I don't have a list of my own from my flights.

I have a feeling the majority are on AA or United...

[Moderator Note] Please use Celebrity Sightings Thread 2012 for sightings.

Last edited by J.Edward; Jan 20, 2012 at 6:08 pm
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:44 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Nolan Ryan BOS-IAH a couple years ago. I saw him in the P-Club at Logan and he was in first with us.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:44 pm
Suspended

brian cashman (on delta shuttle to boston) and ken singleton (on separate flights).

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 09-04-2002).]
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:46 pm

Doctor J

Montel Williams
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:55 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
I remember reading an article in the WSJ that the Hollywood crowd preferred AA. Saw the Smothers Brothers perform in LAS last week, Tommy tried to say he was a pilot, and Dick said "the only flying you do is on American Airlines". Nice product placement. Haven't seen any on either. Celebs either don't like Jungle Jets, or don't connect in CLE...

------------------
http://concordeboy.tripod.com/continental/onepass.html
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:55 pm

Over Memorial Day 2002 weekend, we sat in FC behind Barbara Bush and her secret service agent from IAH to Boston. Behind us, in the third row, was a very large second secret service agent. We felt particularly safe on that flight!
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Charlie Rose from PBS sat in 1B, across from me, SEA-EWR a couple of years ago. He stood up and looked aft every hour or so, in order for the rest of the plane to appreciate his presence.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:02 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BearX220:
Charlie Rose from PBS sat in 1B, across from me, SEA-EWR a couple of years ago. He stood up and looked aft every hour or so, in order for the rest of the plane to appreciate his presence.</font>

i can't stand charlie rose.

Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta-Plat, *wood-Plat, Fairmont-Premier, Hilton-silver
Bill Russell
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Lyle Lovett twice: once LAX IAH on a redeye back when CO was flying widebody Airbus craft; once on a 737 IAH to BNA. I actually got the flight attendant to give me the printout of the first class pax second time, because none of my friends were going to believe I flew with Lyle twice.

Salt N Pepper (or however they spell it - not a fan...) Jan 1 1995 on the 8am SFO EWR widebody nonstop.

Gordon, twice, both times IAH SAT.

William H. Macy, LGW EWR.

(My personal favorite was not on CO: Mark Knopfler on US Airways).
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:20 pm

Since I strictly worked f/c before giving my notice, let's see my list:

Katie Couric w/her daughters...very gracious and down to earth.

Charlie Gibson...was somewhat irritated because an offduty Fedex pilot sat next to him and kept asking him to autograph her passport...we finally got her away from him and profusely apologized...and as he was deplaning, I handed him a set of earplugs for his next flight. He seemed to appreciate my sense of humor.

Carmen Electra...redeye LAX-EWR. Very nice, just wanted to sleep. Tiny woman...well, except for "you know what". I'm happy to report that the gorgeous hair she is always shown with is done with hair extensions! Thank God, there's hope for us fine-haired girls yet.

Mark McEwen...couldn't have been nicer. We talked at length.

Ben Vereen...brought his own food, was gracious. Went in the F/C lav and started singing so loudly the flight deck crew called to the back and wanted to know what was going on.

Missy Elliott (the rapper, I think)....I am not a fan of rap, but this woman was so polite and unassuming, I had to like her.

Don Johnson....poor man. He's so confused. He really thinks he's somebody.

BB King...sat in coach. Go figure.

Some Saudi prince...since I would like to think I don't have any bigotry toward any ethnic group, I shall only say that he and his entourage where the most obnoxious people I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of having onboard. This was pre-9/11. These days, I don't think any of us would put up with their demands and attitudes, especially toward women. I think it infuriated them that a woman was "in charge", and this is one time in 20 years that I FLAUNTED it.

Well, that's about it. I honestly do not get star-struck. People are people..as my late mother used to say, "Honey, they all go the bathroom the same way we do."

Happy flying!
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:25 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Sat behind Muhamad Ali and his wife (LAX-IAH).

Sat next to Ken Norton who was obviously less-than comfortable flying. (Needless to say, I did NOT tease him about it.)

At the time, U.S. Ambassador to Japan (former Sen.) Lloyd Benson. (Same flight.)

Kid Rock (last winter on DL from LAX-SLC).

And last, but certainly not least.....Gordo at IAH.

[This message has been edited by Billiken (edited 09-04-2002).]
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:26 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Man, somehow I forgot my brush with fame...

On a DL MD90 (only time I ever flew one) SNA-DFW in the early 90's...

Tawny Kitaen and Chuck Finley

They had the bulkhead row of First, as soon as the seatbelt light was turned off, she stood up, reached in the overhead bins for every pillow and blanket she could find, made a nest on the floor in front of her seat. Laid down, curled up, and didn't get up until the seatbelt light came on during approach. Apparently a nervous flyer...
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:28 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Saw Chuck Finley and his two kids @ CLE the day he was traded from CLE to STL. Didn't know at the time that he had been traded.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:42 pm

I sat next to Rosario Dawson (Men in Black 2, Pluto Nash, and Kids fame and she's also in last month's Maxium) from EWR-LAX, and then I got to meet her bf when we arrived in LA. Oh her bf is Josh Jackson (Pacey from Dawson's Creek)

------------------
Somewhere in the world a Boeing jet is taking off or landing every second —24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.