Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

My Itineraries now asks you to call to confirm upgrade clearance...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2002, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Just had my September SIN-NRT NC waitlist clear, and noticed that on My Itineraries, there is a little text in red (where WAITLISTED used to be) for me to "Call 1-800-241-6522 to confirm the change" alongside CONFIRMED-Business Class.

Is this new?

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Aug 1, 2002, 12:07 pm

I don't think so. It has been there a while, at least for other types of changes. Then again, I have never noticed it for an upgrade, so possibly that is new?
Old Aug 1, 2002, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. Always been there for me.

It also appears (in red) what there has been any sort of flight change, such as time or flight number.

And it usually stays on there until you call to accept your changes. Then this comment disappears.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Been there for a while (at least this calendar year).
Old Aug 1, 2002, 2:52 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I'd always assumed the reason they asked you to call was so they could fix your seat assignments.... I'm delighted to oblige them.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Ah, thanks for your replies

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Aug 1, 2002, 3:03 pm

I remember it both ways: upgrades clearing without the "call 1-800..." message, and with the "call 1-800 message"

I wonder if it has something to do with domestic or international travel being handled differently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.