Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD or DEN to LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2002, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

ORD or DEN to LAS

Anyone out there frequent DEN or ORD to LAS? I have come standby passes and thining about heading out to Vegas for Labor day and trying to get some kind of idea of the loads they carry. I can fly from EWR to either airport for the conencting flights. Anyone fly either route on any type of 'regular' basis? Trying to decide what day might be best chance of getting two seats in any class...
Old Jul 23, 2002, 8:28 pm
Original Member

One perspective is, be careful flying through DEN, since you could get a 737 ex-shuttle plane into LAS, there are 757's and A320's that fly from DEN as well. Chicago you would be ensured a 757 or A320. Some people do not really enjoy the ex-shuttle planes.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 8:35 pm

I don't know about flights, but Vegas will be loaded for Labor Day. If you don't have reservations for rooms or flights, I would suggest making them soon--and have your checkbook ready! Holidays are the most expensive times to visit.

JP
Old Jul 23, 2002, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I go from ORD to LAS three times a month on the weekends, usually the non-stops. Beware of going non-rev. Last weekend no non-revs got on any of the ORD, DEN or SFO flights. (I volunteered my seat on the afternoon ORD non-stop, so I was waiting there for a few hours and heard what was going on.) I was lucky (they know me and I'm a 1K) to get on an LAX flight that connected to ORD and got in at 5 in the a.m. Everyone else was put up overnight cause there were no seats, even the ORD red-eye was oversold. Add a holiday weekend to that - you could be there for days. Sometimes inventory management doesn't manage the LAS market too well.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 12:19 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
It's easier to go XXX to SFO/LAX then to LAS... the DEN flights are *always* ex ****tle 737s (they may sneak a 757 in) and the Chicago flights tend to always be 757s or 763 2 cabins, and always full.

-nate
Old Jul 24, 2002, 1:39 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I've only been burned once going SA to/from LAS. My best luck has always been through DEN, mainly because of flight frequency. I don't know why you're really even asking this question, though, because as an SA, your new companion passes are open tickets, meaning your initial reservation doesn't need to be made until no later than four hours prior to departure. At that point, you'll know whether ORD/LAS or DEN/LAS is a better bet. Second, travel "against the flow" have your "weekends" be Monday-Thursday or something like that.

Also, if you will be going during "tough" season, consider flying SA to LAX. LAX-LAS on WN can be purchased for slightly more than you'd pay as a companion to go LAX-LAS. I'm talking like a $10 difference, well worth it if things look tight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.