Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you want to know?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2002, 8:15 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Thanks for the info; it's great.

Regarding passenger info: We know that comments can be added to the PNR for an individual trip. But, is there such a thing as a "permanent record" that goes with each passenger's Mileage Plus number?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

g_leyser questions:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Have you ever seen or heard of people trying to bribe an agent to get on a flight: "here's a twenty, make sure my standby clears" that type of situation?</font>
I've never heard of that myself, but I have heard of a certain Swiss FlyerTalker named Rudi who has been known on occasion to freely and without expectation, gift some fine Swiss chocolates to various service industry personnel to, shall we say "incent" good customer service, or to reward same after the fact.

I even hear a rumor he's commissioned a special brand of Swiss chocolate for just such a frequent flyer purpose.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 11:29 am

Programs: Many
I have had good luck this year giving Starbucks Gift Cards
Old Jul 10, 2002, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kurt:

Regarding passenger info: We know that comments can be added to the PNR for an individual trip. But, is there such a thing as a "permanent record" that goes with each passenger's Mileage Plus number?
</font>
I have never seen such a thing. I found out how to access the MP account of any person who has their number (or whose number is in their PNR) and all it shows is the last couple of flights, status, total miles, e-upgrades, address, phone number....nothing that is a comment field. Each pnr is created by hand, not by mileage plus number.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
g_leyser questions: I've never heard of that myself, but I have heard of a certain Swiss FlyerTalker named Rudi who has been known on occasion to freely and without expectation, gift some fine Swiss chocolates to various service industry personnel to, shall we say "incent" good customer service, or to reward same after the fact.

I even hear a rumor he's commissioned a special brand of Swiss chocolate for just such a frequent flyer purpose.
</font>

I guess it wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately, I never got anything from a customer but grief. It's amazing how mean some people can get...the trick to being a good gate agent is to be able to ignore these fools once they leave the counter as they are few and far between....

-Mike
Old Jul 10, 2002, 12:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kurt:

</font>
There is no such thing in the Mileage Plus system, however there is a database kept by Customer Relations (WHQPW) which tracks who is writing/calling/e-mailing/faxing in and what if any compensation was issued. Not sure of the cut off point but it is used to track those who constantly request compensation so they can be cut off.

Old Jul 10, 2002, 2:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I am glad nobody did yet found out that this Swiss chocolates promotion is sponsored by the international dentist association for future business ...

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 07-10-2002).]
Old Jul 10, 2002, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mbflyflyaway:
[B] Yes, yes, yes!!!!! As much as gate agents may not like premiers, the computer system does everything by status....

-Mike
B]</font>
Oh please do tell more. When I approach a gate agent, do they hate me b/c I'm 2P/1P/1K? Should I apologize? Should I never use my MP number until after the flight? Do they hate 1K's more than 2P's or vice versa?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 3:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
g_leyser questions: I've never heard of that myself, but I have heard of a certain Swiss FlyerTalker named Rudi who has been known on occasion to freely and without expectation, gift some fine Swiss chocolates to various service industry personnel to, shall we say "incent" good customer service, or to reward same after the fact.

</font>
Did this all the time at my home airport. Harry and David Gift Baskets are a great way to go.

[This message has been edited by egarrett (edited 07-10-2002).]
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:41 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
egarrett-
So did it work? Were you able to get free upgrades? Or did you just use the gifts as rewards for good service? Interested to hear your experiences.

------------------
Old Jul 11, 2002, 1:04 pm

Here you go: http://store.yahoo.com/parisflyer/flyer5.html
Old Jul 11, 2002, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed MrMillion. I am already awaiting my T-Shirt.

Maybe we should ask for a commission from all FlyerTalk refered sales!

I first became aware of Flyer chocolate bars at a local gourmet market in Houston where they retailed for USD$2.95 each.

I actully carefully placed one in the bottom of my shaving kit (to protect if from being broken) to bring home to ship to Rudi. Unfortunately, my tiny travel hair spray pump overpressurized and leaked, ruining the candy bar.

Oh well...I'll get another.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 07-11-2002).]
Old Jul 11, 2002, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mbflyflyaway: Unfortunately, I never got anything from a customer but grief. It's amazing how mean some people can get...the trick to being a good gate agent is to be able to ignore these fools once they leave the counter as they are few and far between....
-Mike</font>
Mike- what are the biggest gripes that passengers assail you with?

John

------------------
From a kiwi who can fly!
Old Jul 11, 2002, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I'm bummed:

After checking the link to the Flyer bars I thought I'd order 12 (at $2.25 each it seems like a pretty good deal). But a message popped up:

"Sorry, we cannot ship chocolate from May 15 through September 15 due to the risk of excessive heat exposure during transit."

"No chocolate for you!" (please use "Seinfeld" Soup Nazi voice). Have to wait until fall I guess.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heat was certainly a factor in my Houston purchases, let me tell you! H.O.T., hot!

Maybe you can write them and ask for the name of a local retailer/distributor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.