Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Any way to use Premier status to get a car rental reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2002, 12:18 am
Original Poster

I know that this is a stupid question, but I'm getting desparate here.

I have a business trip coming up to go to the EAA AirVenture "Oshkosh Airshow" the end of July.

Since all of our travel arrangements had to made through the American Express Corporate Travel Department, I assumed that they had made all the arrangements for me. They issued my tickets on UA but I didn't get any confirmation for the car reservations. When I called to inquire about my car reservations, they told me that they couldn't get one and failed to notify me.

Oh well, I definitely need a car for this trip. I searched all over the internet and even called every single rental car company at Appleton (ATW) and they were all sold out.

My question is this,

1) As a Premier, (I know it's not much...but hey..it's something), is there a way that UA can help me get this much needed car reservation? Or am I just SOL?

2) If I can't use UA, or my Premier Status to get a car reservation, do you have any suggestions of where I can go where there is a chance of availability that's not shown on the car rental sites?

Just FYI I need the car for the following period:

Arrive July 24th pickup at 7pm

Depart July 28th drop-off at Noon

Preferably a Full Size car...but at this point, I'll settle for anything.

Thanks in advance for the info!

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Jul 12, 2002, 12:22 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
call Enterprise.. they'll help you out.

Otherwise call me @ my office XXXX -- email me [email protected] -- and I'll go through my guidebooks looking for a car rental firm @ OSH (I can also book via Worldspan)

Enterprise will normally shift cars to other locations if/when needed and they have done so for my clients.

-nate

[This message has been edited by UAPremierExec (edited 07-12-2002).]
Old Jul 12, 2002, 8:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Call American Express also. If you're using them for your travel, they should be able to help you out. And for goodness sakes - get a new travel agent!

You don't say where you're flying into. I would also CALL the actual car rental companies in that area directly (no internet) and ask them if they can help you out. Might take a bit longer, but perhaps there is a car. Finally, is there anybody else you know going to this show that DOES have a car? Perhaps they'll share it with you.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the input. I called our travel department again today and she told me that they have 3 cars reserved from the 23rd to the 29th. She informed my boss that I couldn't get a car so they'll have to coordinate a "pick-up/drop-off" schedule among all the employees that are going to be there.

Oh well, sounds very incovenient, but we'll see if that works. out.

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:24 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
maybe if the rental companies see their fleets being maxed out, they'll move some more cars to that location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.