Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 First Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2002, 11:03 am
Original Poster

777 First Suite

What is the "best" First Suite seat on a 777 SFO-LHR?
Old Jun 28, 2002, 11:07 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Assuming you're by yourself, any of the A or J seats are quite nice; I like row 1 myself.

There really aren't any bad seats in the 777 first suite configuration - I find it much more confortable - more personal space, less claustrophbic - than the 747 first suite cabin.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 11:10 am

A couple of comments I've received lately on www.seatguru.com are that because they no longer close the curtains row 1 is noisy and row 2 is now preferred.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 11:10 pm

If you select a 777, I would avoid 1J due to noise / activity in the Galley.

I just flew a RT in 1A SFO / LHR and agree that seat is not what it could be with the curtains closed. Every time anyone comes from or goes into the flight deck, there is a lot of activity with FA's blocking the corridor with a food cart so that no one can rush the door to the cockpit. Additionally the door to the lav is opened everytime a FA wants the pilot to unlock the door. This is so there is enough light for the pilot to see through the view port into the otherwise dark corridor.

I'd pick 2A next time. It usually has the crew rest behind you with curtains so it tends to be a quiet spot in the forward cabin.

Avoid any of the center seats unless travelling with a companion.

All this being said, any of these sofabeds beats the best seat in C.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 7:22 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I like 3J. Now with curtains open you get
some backround noise. Thinking about 2J but
then you are literally in the middle of it.
1J no thanks. Curtain open, talking in the
galley and the light from the galley on those
night flights. FYI
Old Jul 1, 2002, 11:03 am

2A gets my vote. I like it because the crew seat is right behind it, therefore it's usually very quiet ( assuming that the pilot is not a heavy snorer which was the case on my last flight ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.