Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD connection problem

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Banton:
Just returned from Brisbane Tuesday to connect with the UA flight to SFO. We flew Virgin Blue to Sydney leaving BNE at 8:45 a.m. arriving in Sydney at 10:20. Virgin Blue arrives at the EXPRESS TERMINAL - not the domenstic terminal, although both require transportation to the international terminal. After collecting your bags from VB(15 minutes) you must take a taxi, which is right outside the terminal, or go out to the street (short walk) and catch a bus (AU$2.60) to the International terminal,
</font>
The Express Terminal is just Virgin's name for their part of the domestic section of the airport. The domestic section is basically configured round a U shaped road with the old Ansett terminal on the right and Qantas on the left. Virgin are housed in a building further up from the old Ansett terminal.

FYI taking the train is generally quicker than taking the bus. But granted from the Express terminal you have a slightly longer walk to the underground train station.

Old Jun 30, 2002, 9:03 pm
kdp
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Thanks for all the feedback. I caught a flight on Qantas a couople of days ago, asked the unbelievably nice counter agent for help, and she sent me back to the same customer service desk that I tried previously.. This time however, with a QF ticket in hand for the day, the exact same agent who wouldn't help me before changed all 4 of our tickets to the 10:10 flight. Couldn't have been easier and no change fees involved. United wouldn't guarantee us a later foight since we had an illegal connection- might have had to buy new tickets if we missed the connection. Anyhow, big relief!
Old Jun 30, 2002, 9:11 pm
kdp
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
jamesyd- The service on this flight was fair. We were in economy, middle 4 seats- in back, and I was wishing for the AA-extra leg room, especially tight next to the baby seat too. The FA's were extremely nice however, although my row somehow got skipped for dinner service, and they ran out of pasta and pancakes before the back of the plane. We also lost an engine, but nothing was really a problem. Check in at SFO was a breeze.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdp:
jamesyd- although my row somehow got skipped for dinner service, and they ran out of pasta and pancakes before the back of the plane. We also lost an engine, but nothing was really a problem. .</font>
are you serious? Lost an engine????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.