Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint letter to UA....ua105 ORD-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2002, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bear96, and basenji

Please accept my most sincere apology for my unfeeling, and insulting post.

I allowed some of my frustration at the way some customer service complaints are discussed here to affect my post. As they say, PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

I am not an Employee-basher here on FT, and am appreciative of your, and your colleagues, efforts both in the sky and here on FT.

I deduce that you may have decided that, because of my one stupid post, you feel that you shouldnt be contributing to FT further? To deprive all the deserving FTers, who benefit greatly from your knowledge because of my error, is not fair to them.

Sincerely, Mark

Old Jun 23, 2002, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
Could somebody please explain to me this "thing" with food on an airplane? I mean, everybody who flies (and basenji noted that the passenger in question was a 1K) knows that there is no longer food on the plane! If food is that important to you as part of the flying experience (and I swear, I have never thought to myself, "Oh, wait, the flight to Omaha is serving better food than the flight to London, I'll go to Omaha!), then BRING your food onboard. Take responsibility for yourself.

Basenji, Liz, Jana, et. al., your posts are wonderful as always. I for one, along with many others, appreciate the time you spend here.
</font>
Hear hear!

With apologies to UA's caterer, a meal at the airport McDonald's (or any airport food vendor) is always preferable to a F or Y domestic meal. I guess Idsant and I are the only ones to take time to eat before we get on the plane?

Can I also hazard to guess that basenji's "Mr1K" probably could have benefited from skipping a meal??

Old Jun 23, 2002, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
basenji, bear, jana - all you wonderful folks...I know it's tough out there (and lately in here)....and if any of you want to take a well deserved break from FT, take the time you need - but COME BACK! Not all of us are entitled losers...

[This message has been edited by squeakr (edited 06-23-2002).]
Old Jun 23, 2002, 3:54 pm

basenji comes through again. What can I say. Your posts are normally informative. In this case, your common sense and ability to show us right from wrong is much appreciated. Thanks and keep on posting.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
It is an ill wind that blows no good...

This thread has given us all a chance to again appreciate how much richer our community is for the contributions of the many knowledgeable UA "insiders" who are so well-versed about what it is that we FT'ers love (and would like to change) about the great airline that is UA.

It is also impossible not to read this and admire Transpac for his humbling apology and Basenji for her thoughtful decision to stay among us.

Onward...

Lurker
Old Jun 23, 2002, 5:04 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by richard:

Basenji and Bear96, a few posts that are thoughtless or inconsiderate do not represent all the people who have benefited from your contributions, both on FT and offline. Thank you very much and prey continue!</font>
---

I have witnessed ungracious posts, horrednsously so on some occasions, from many including those in this thread, sometimes directed at me, and sometimes at others.

PLEASE simply take it for what it's worth - a grain of salt! You are both VERY much appreciated here! Thanks!

Old Jun 23, 2002, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I've been reading transpac's posts since I first discovered Flyertalk, and I'm sure he was just having a bad day when he wrote that. To me he has always been one of the most level headed helpful posters here. We all have our days. Let's move on...
Old Jun 23, 2002, 9:21 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Let's move on..."

Excellent idea!
Old Jun 23, 2002, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">To me he has always been one of the most level headed helpful posters here. </font>
Agree 100%.
Old Jun 24, 2002, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Oh my!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.