Wiki Posts
Search

Fly and stay sale

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Fly and stay sale

"Take advantage of these low United fares to great destinations. In addition, save on hotel stays with this special offer from Starwood Hotels & Resorts. Book your discounted flight by August 7, 2009 and receive a 20% discount at Westin®, Sheraton®, W® Hotels and more throughout the U.S."

Link

Note: Domestic US only
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I just noticed this (seemingly) unadvertised special when searching IAD - CDG. Which is interesting since the T&Cs at http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,50801,00.html don't mention international destinations.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
I just noticed this (seemingly) unadvertised special when searching IAD - CDG. Which is interesting since the T&Cs at http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,50801,00.html don't mention international destinations.
There's an international offer also.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by 000123UA
There's an international offer also.
Ahh - thanks. I just got an email for TATL too. I guess FT scooped UA by only minutes this time.

....when searching IAD - CDG.....
And did I mention that it was $355 base (r/t) with 1/2 of it upgradeable with SWUs in early October? Now I'm finally trying to figure out FDs...... Someone feel free to PM me with a dream trip.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Ahh - thanks. I just got an email for TATL too. I guess FT scooped UA by only minutes this time.
Says it's good for Latin American travel but it doesn't advertise any cities in L.A. that are included and I haven't tried to price anything out.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: UA1k; 2MM; *G; *woodG
Saw this offer mentioned by e-mail message this afternoon. Upon checking, I found that two itineraries I had been following recently (HNL - MSY r/t and HNL - SFO r/t) showed exactly the same fares as for the past month or so. Maybe HNL is not among the destinations favored by the fly and stay sale?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:37 am

It's a rather lame sale. Looks like they are testing the waters to see how low they will have to go in the Fall. If no one bites, the fares will get better.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Has anyone actually gotten the discounted Starwood rate? United.com provided a link to Starwood when I made my last reservation, but I can't seem to pull up any actual rate discounts. The hotel promotion expires today... but maybe it never existed to begin with.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
On the route I'm looking at for Sept. (after labor day), fares actually seem to be higher than non-sale fares. Under the fly and stay fare sale banner, CVG-YYZ via ORD was up at $550. Record low I've paid is about $270, with normal fares anywhere ~$350-$550. Is giving me a W on CVG-ORD/return seg's, and S on ORD-YYZ and return segs. Funny though, to BUF on same dates is only $218, but is giving me S fares on all segments, even on the same first and last segments CVG-ORD and vice-versa. Not sure why it won't pull S up for everything.

But then again, I almost forgot that I've vowed to stop trying to figure out how UA or any other airline prices, and why they often have "sales" that seem to pull up fares taht are at normal or higher, even when checking several dates/flights that meet the criteria.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton HHonors Glod
I booked SJC-DUS, so I received the email for hotel booking. It turns out it is more expensive than SPG website, even having 20% off. The numbers were 98 euro vs. 77 euro.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: UA1k; 2MM; *G; *woodG
Originally Posted by snic
Has anyone actually gotten the discounted Starwood rate? United.com provided a link to Starwood when I made my last reservation, but I can't seem to pull up any actual rate discounts. The hotel promotion expires today... but maybe it never existed to begin with.
Yeah, good question! If airfares are a mystery, hotel rates are worse. So it's 20 percent off what? Rack rate? That's no bargain. Certainly it's not 20 percent off the lowest fully prepaid rate, or the government employee rate. This whole offer had a funny smell about it from the beginning....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.