Wiki Posts
Search

Miles to upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2002, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Miles to upgrade?

I know that an upgrade from North America is 10K miles for a "full fare ticket" and 20K miles for a discount ticket? What fare classes qualify for the 10K mile rate. I have a fully changeable/refundable ticket, but it has a fare basis of M. Will this take 10K or 20K miles to upgrade?
Old Mar 28, 2002, 8:03 pm

I am guessing you're asking about a one-way upgrade from North America to Europe (which is 10K for full-fare and 20K for discounted Economy), but if just within North America, it's 5K for full-fare and 10K for discounted Economy. Your post doesn't specify, so I'm just projecting.

Here's the link:

http://www.ual.com/site/primary/0,10017,1151,00.html

As for an M fare, it's still consider discounted Economy even though it's a pretty pricey coach fare. I believe only Y and B fares are considered full-fare.

The discounted Economy fares are M,H,Q,V,W,S and T. There are some extremely discounted Economy fares which do not allow upgrades at all, which is why the text in the (miles) upgrade award chart specify "select United Economy fares."

Hope that helps.

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.