Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-PEK replaced with IAD-NRT-PEK?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Even stranger, for the dates I plugged in for Novemeber, the LHR-BRU overnights at BRU and leaves the next morning back to LHR at 605am!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by atakam
+1^

UA could reduce NRT-SIN from daily to 4x week (this route has many empty seats) and add NRT-HKG 3 times a week. They still have SIN-HKG flights to load and out of HKG the SGN and mainland routes.
+1, or just a circular route SIN-NRT-HKG-SIN, but highly unlikely. I don't think there is a plane overnight at either HKG/NRT.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by adambrau
Even stranger, for the dates I plugged in for Novemeber, the LHR-BRU overnights at BRU and leaves the next morning back to LHR at 605am!
That's not really a surprise -- I'm sure the fees for parking overnight at BRU are WAY less than those at LHR. Additionally, flying this route is a way for UA to hang onto the takeoff and landing slots at LHR, pretty valuable commodities.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by worldtrav
ORD-PVG from 747 to 777.
SFO-PVG from 747 to 777.
OMG!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by hairpeace
OMG!
As long as they don't mess with my HKG flights, I am ok with it .
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by hur88
How I wish they had used that PEK slot for LAX-PEK. That would be THE route for me. Too bad there's probably a clause that says they have to operate the flight from IAD.
The frequency can only be used on IAD-PEK. A stop-over in NRT is allowed.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
That's not really a surprise -- I'm sure the fees for parking overnight at BRU are WAY less than those at LHR. Additionally, flying this route is a way for UA to hang onto the takeoff and landing slots at LHR, pretty valuable commodities.
It's just differently than in the past, when LHR-AMS and LHR-BRU left LHR at around 8am then returned from AMS and BRU to LHR around 1130 and got into LHR at around the same time, due to the 1-hour time difference. Just wonder why they decided to do the overnight in BRU rather than have no overnight at all!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Yessssssss!!!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:45 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by MAH4546
The frequency can only be used on IAD-PEK. A stop-over in NRT is allowed.
Is the stop-over allowed only outside of US? If so, why is NRT exempted? Perhaps it was something that was part of the negotiation.

LAX
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
But it takes an extra plane and crew to overnight them at BRU. You need two planes to operate daily r/t flights because it RONs at BRU for some ridiculous number of hours.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gbsfo
Second...oh jeez, please tell me they are keeping the circa 7pm departure night flight not the circa 12pm departure.
+1 UA's two evening nonstops from SFO to Europe leave at excellent times, far more desirable than mid-day and much easier to sleep. Would be annoying if they kept the earlier one, although I suspect they will re-introduce the second nonstop next spring or summer.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by wxguy
Negatron! IAD-NRT/NRT-IAD 803/804 is showing a change from 777 to 747 as of the new October schedule.
I booked with miles for F on UA803 on Dec. 28 a few days ago. Logged in a few minutes ago and found out that I'm now on IAD-SEA-NRT. I guess UA wants to ensure that I should be on a 777 to NRT...
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
This s**ks for me.

My IAD-PEK flight has turned into IAD-NRT-PEK. Instead getting in at 3 pm, now it is an 10 pm arrival.
You can try IAD-ORD-PEK, or IAD-SFO-PEK (for more miles )and still arrive in the afternoon.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by adambrau
While I agree with the other poster who argued that BRU overnighting is far cheaper than LHR (as is SIN overnighting vs HKG), it does seem strange to stick a 777 in BRU for 12 hours instead of just sending it back across the pond.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by gleff
While I agree with the other poster who argued that BRU overnighting is far cheaper than LHR (as is SIN overnighting vs HKG), it does seem strange to stick a 777 in BRU for 12 hours instead of just sending it back across the pond.
One word: slots

Perhaps the way UA has reorganized and re-timed flights means that it would not be feasible to use a circa 1:20 departure slot and a circa 6:20 am arrival slot if they sent it back TATL to a hub. Plus, we don't know the economics of it, running TATL with low yeild may cost a lot more than minimizing losses by doing a puddle jump to BRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.