Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier flight on my United ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO One Pass Nothing, SPG Gold
I was also happy to find out that UA has a baggage agreement with JAL and I can check my bag all the way through from IAD to MNL.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:27 pm

I have the exact same situation. A company booked me a flight through their travel agency and it has United and Frontier flights on the same reservation. I entered my frequent flyer number on UA's website, and when I look up the reservation on Frontier's site, it shows my frequent flier number as my UA ff number.

Just to clarify, there's no way I'll earn UA miles for the Frontier segment?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:32 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blr1222
I have the exact same situation. A company booked me a flight through their travel agency and it has United and Frontier flights on the same reservation. I entered my frequent flyer number on UA's website, and when I look up the reservation on Frontier's site, it shows my frequent flier number as my UA ff number.

Just to clarify, there's no way I'll earn UA miles for the Frontier segment?
No, it won't happen. Ticketing agreements, interline baggage agreements and FF flier program alliance agreements are all different beasts. Since F9 is not in the *A, there will not be any credit for F9 flights in miles or segments with UA or any *A partner. If your ticket is issued on UA stock (ticket numbers starting with 016) all that means is that UA sold it, collected the money and is in primary control of the ticket. You can, however, earn miles on your F9 segment in their EarlyReturns FF program.

I have flown in similar circumstances several times on UA ticket stock without any luck in getting non *A flight credit. In addition, I worked for 10 months for ZK ( those were dark, dark days......) so I have a fair understanding of full and partial FF alliances with F9.

If, by some strange PM quirk you DO receive credit, then consider it a gift and be happy.

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Jul 26, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:07 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Mixing carrier is not unusual, as long as the ticketing airline has interline agreement with all carriers involved. I had a 001 (AA) ticket stock with AA, CX, TG, CA, AC, and UA flights on the ticket - or tickets rather, since it had 14 segments on it.

However, mileage earning is based on the operating carrier, not ticketing agent/carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.