Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Received CR-1's after DEQM miles posted. Anyone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Received CR-1's after DEQM miles posted. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, , Delta 2MM & DM UA Gold
There was a promotion that if you bought at least a Q RT fare between certain dates, you could receive an additional 2 CR-1's to be used within 90 days. You could get up to 6 CR-1's with this, and the posting should be within 10 days of the RT

I have 4 already deposited, with the 2 remaining ones coming next week
Old Jul 12, 2009, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
Post #17 of this thread sort of establishes that you don't have to be 1K at the time of the flights to earn CR1s, you just have to make 1K in the same quarter. I think that is what happened here.

See post #356 (page 24) here for my thinking on what a UA quarter is. I assumed CR1 sweeps are four times a year.

I have to figure UA knew what they were doing, posting the DEQMs earlier than they had to and in time for the CR1s to count. Nicely done, UA ^
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Didnt get my full DEQM bonus and as a result didnt make 1K and didnt get any CR-1s or E-500s and didnt pass GO and didnt collect $200
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tashi
Didnt get my full DEQM bonus and as a result didnt make 1K and didnt get any CR-1s or E-500s and didnt pass GO and didnt collect $200
I'm sorry what are you complaining about?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

I forgot they didn't all post. That stinks. You're probably using a different finger to salute UA.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 3:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
DEQMs for someone who already had 2P or higher status would have had no impact on e500s
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Originally Posted by schley
I'm sorry what are you complaining about?
Originally Posted by Bow Rider
I forgot they didn't all post. That stinks. You're probably using a different finger to salute UA.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
DEQMs for someone who already had 2P or higher status would have had no impact on e500s
I think you all misunderstood my post... I was only kidding...

I did check my upgrade balance and there were no CR-1s, so posted my comment.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:02 am

Programs: UA1P/SPG
just checkd my account and i got my cr-1s.

i am requalifying after missing last year.

I never noticed but do i actually have to fly 10k miles each quarter to get the cr1s?

i remember someone saying that as long as you have enough bis eqms that you will get the cr1s. (ie i will get my Q2 cr-1 if i have 20k eqms, even if i did 18k of those miles in Q1)

Is this correct or is there a thread someone can direct me to to find this out.

thanks
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAyoungK
.....I never noticed but do i actually have to fly 10k miles each quarter to get the cr1s?

i remember someone saying that as long as you have enough bis eqms that you will get the cr1s. (ie i will get my Q2 cr-1 if i have 20k eqms, even if i did 18k of those miles in Q1)

Is this correct or is there a thread someone can direct me to to find this out.

thanks
There are multiple threads on this, but no, you do not have to fly 10K BIS miles in a quarter to get CR1. It is e500 posting that drives CR1s.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-upgrades.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-merged.html
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:27 am
Original Poster

I never noticed but do i actually have to fly 10k miles each quarter to get the cr1s?
Interesting question. I think the answer is no but I'm new to this and could be wrong. Someone suggested that if a 1K gets the e-500s they would also get the CR-1s.

Assuming the miles are really BIS, you would get e-500s in Q2 and, so, also the CR-1s.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, thanks WineCountryUA

Last edited by Bow Rider; Jul 13, 2009 at 10:30 am Reason: Already answered
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
thanks for the thread, mr kk (newly minted 1k lite after only 8k bis last year ) got 2 cr-1's as well! ^
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I also qualified for 1K thanks to the DEQM program and received the 2 CR1's. Big surprise and bonus in my mind. ^

Another great benefit is that I emailed Chase MP Visa and indicated I would like a refund of my annual fee paid in January, since I am a 1K. They responded the next day and indicated the proper credit would be posted to my account. ^
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tiojelly
Another great benefit is that I emailed Chase MP Visa and indicated I would like a refund of my annual fee paid in January, since I am a 1K. They responded the next day and indicated the proper credit would be posted to my account. ^
That's brilliant! I never would have thought of it. Thanks ^
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Question

I registered for the double eqm in due time when the promo was on before I left for my mileage run to EZE via IAD, checked my account and nothing has posted yet. I wonder why or is this some other double eqm promo you are talking about?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Did you buy your tickets after registering, or did you sign up the ticketing exception promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.