Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Changing Carriers Mid-Itin - What happens to checked bags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Carriers Mid-Itin - What happens to checked bags?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Nothing (former long-time Plat)
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
When interlining between carriers it is always good to give your claim numbers to the new airline before you board the flight.

UA can even check if they actually scan the bag before you board. I usually this before boarding, before they get all busy.
Yes! This is a very important yet very poorly publicized step in the interline process. At UA it is especially useful, as their internal bag tracking is quite good.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
I've had a similar mishap at DEN interline between ZK and F9.

Next week I'm flying ZK ALS to DEN, then onto UA DEN to ORD to LHR. Still undecided as to whether to check the bags through from ALS - and then check in at a gate with UA on the B concource (can i do this? I can't check in online since it's a BD codeshare ticket) or to ride the train back to baggage claim, check in again and make sure my bags get into the UA system.

I like the way ZK hand write the bag tags but suspect this might be half the problem with bags getting lost interline!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.