Search

Connections through PSP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Connections through PSP

I'm looking at taking a MR this summer and I noticed from LAS-LAX, I can pick up some extra miles and a segment by taking the UAX flight from LAS-PSP-LAX...since the stop in PSP is only 20 min., I suspect it's the same plane. My question is...when you deplane in PSP, are you sent directly to an exit outside of security (sorta like I remember in SBA) or can you stay in the gate area and reboard from there without having to go through security again? I know I could probably just stay on the plane, but I don't want to risk messing anything up as far as mileage credit goes.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA, VX, AA
When you deplane at PSP, you will not have to go through security again. You can wait inside the UAX gate area.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by malsf1
When you deplane at PSP, you will not have to go through security again. You can wait inside the UAX gate area.
They even have a putting green there. ( well a few yeard back ) not sure if it was in or out of the security area..
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA, VX, AA
Last time I was there, there was a lot of construction in process, and the putting green was closed. Hopefully it will be reopened, if it hasn't already.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
30 mins connection in PSP - doable?

Do you think I can make this connection in PSP with 30 minutes to spare?
I will have check-in luggage - United.com lets me book it... but it seems a little too tight, having said that I've never been in transit at PSP so I have no idea

UA 5310 11:47 AM LAX - 12:46 PM PSP

connecting to

UA 6286 1:06 PM PSP - 2:08 PM LAS
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Transit time in PSP will not be a problem. The only problem you will run into is if your inbound flight is late due to typical LAX problems.

I believe PSP is the only airport in North America where one can smoke "inside" the terminal (which is actually outside).
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Yes, PSP is an interesting experience in that the gate areas are indoors, but the airside (post-security) area is outdoors, so transiting from gate to gate, you get to walk through the desert.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by exerda
Yes, PSP is an interesting experience in that the gate areas are indoors, but the airside (post-security) area is outdoors, so transiting from gate to gate, you get to walk through the desert.
Cool - I just hope my suitcase will follow me
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:56 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This is a highly probably successful connection for two reasons:

1) often the same equipment which flies LAX->PSP, is the aircraft for the PSP->LAS trip. My recent LAX-PSP flight was late leaving LAX and the F/A assured pax that if they were ticketed to fly the next flight to LAS, this would be their aircraft.

2) often the very same gate in the PSP remote terminal is used both for the arrival of the LAX flight and the departure of the LAS flight when different a/c are used. (PSP is a SkyWest maintenance station so sometimes a/c can be substituted.)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
Cool - I just hope my suitcase will follow me
When we did this connection on a MR a few years ago, our baggage didn't follow us (I guess they don't get many connections in PSP so they took our bag off the flight from LAS and didn't figure it out til our connection to LAX had already left...just something to keep in mind with tight connections in non-connection cities like PSP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.