Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can MCOs be for air+hotel at UnitedVacations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum

I have about $3500 in MCOs issued by United that will expire by September. Does anyone know if these can be used for payment of hotel/air packages as long as the air is on United?

There was a time long ago when these were like cash in the travel industry, but I'm not sure that still applies.

If not, how about using them with tour operators other than UVacations? Any ideas would be great - I'm looking to use them for the hotel portion of a stay as well as the air.

Thanks.

To clarify, these are MCOs issued for residual value on some high priced tickets I ended up not using. They are not from bumps etc.

Last edited by jwbbx; Jun 3, 2009 at 1:10 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Depends on what the T&Cs say, most of the UA refund/refare vouchures are Type B and they are limited by T&Cs to airfare purchases (base fares) only.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:47 pm

I'd be surprised if they accept it, seeing as Mark Travel run the United Vacations operation, not United.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.