Wiki Posts
Search

CR-1 on single-cabin A320

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum
CR-1 on single-cabin A320

First, I'm not a UA elite. I fly UA quite a bit, but bank miles with US.

I had a CR-1 that I applied to an upcoming itinerary: BOS-DEN-GEG

Got a confirmed upgrade on the BOS-DEN segment, but the DEN-GEG segment is on a single-cabin A320. I thought I deserved E+ at least, but the agent on the phone couldn't help me.

Anyone been in this situation? Did the gate agent help you out? I might redeposit the CR-1 if it's only going to cover the first segment.

Thanks,
Eric
Old May 13, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
It's among the dumbest rules UA has... the CR1 does not entitle you to E+. What's worse.... if you're a non-elite and you purchase a full fare first class ticket to, say, Australia for $20,000+ and you have a domestic segment on one of those former Ted A320's... you don't get E+ for that either!

I have to think that it's a programming issue and they just never took the time to set up their systems to accomodate E+ access for those types of pax or for upgraders..and now that Ted is gone and the planes are being reconfigured with first class there is no need to do so.

Unless you get a compassionate gate agent who sees the stupidity of this rule..plan to sit in the back.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
It sure is a dumb rule but BOS-DEN is a relatively long flight for the good use of a CR-1. I'll sit in the front for sure instead of re-depositing the CR-1 back.
Old May 14, 2009, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum
I probably will keep the upgrade. It just annoys me.

Thanks for the info.

Eric

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.