Wiki Posts
Search

UA sells V fare with no mileage accrual

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
UA sells V fare with no mileage accrual

I was just checking fares on UA's web site and saw a new fare basis I was not familiar with. So I checked the conditions. The last condition listed under section 1 was:

"TRAVEL NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MILEAGE PLUS ACCRUAL."

Needless to say I was very suprised. Imagine United selling fares not eligible for mileage accrual. This probably means no double miles either.

I think they may be trying to offset some of the miles they handing out at the moment.

FYI it was on their .de web site with fare basis VLGCDE and I was looking for FRA-ORD in NOV.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:52 pm

It's not the first time that that's happened. There was a LHR-SYD fare via USA that was $920 for 25,000 status miles that stated "no mileage accrual" as well.

I'm tempted to think that itineraries of European origin are more likely to carry these restrictions - I've never heard of US-based fares that have that line.

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:52 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Bummer! I'm not too pleased with this trend.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I can understand if the fare were a super super deal. But the V fare with no miles I saw was about the same price as a W fare available almost everywhere else.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have traveled on several V-fares, and have received full mileage accrual, along with any applicable bonuses. This includes travel in the last ten days. While I have not examined the fare rules for these fares I would be extremely disappointed if they were not eligible for mileage accrual. Perhaps I need to be more dilligent? And thanks for the heads-up.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 1:35 pm

The average traveller will never examine detailed fare rules - they are at best messy and convoluted.

Yes, I'd be extremely disappointed - imagine going on a mileage run and not getting any mileage!

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Oct 15, 2001, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
This thread and the words I got over the phone are quite disturbing, to me, anyway. I have simply trusted all tickets purchased over the website (except EFares) as being regular, albeit cheaper, fares. In questioning 1K desk and the website support, I was told there are many fares sold on the site that have that restriction. (!!) But, the agent and supervisor could not retrieve this particular fare code. Supposedly I will be called by someone tomorrow. I want some other guidance than, go read every fare code text writeup in fine detail before buying.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Just got 66,000 points credit with the 'triple deal' with a round trip on It'l 'V' fare since Oct 4, so it is by no means that all "V" fares are involved. All all was upgraded readily as well. Agree however it may be a trend they quietly escalate, or we will be like our Atlanta friends at DahlTah.
Old Oct 16, 2001, 2:00 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
What was the fare base of that V fare ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.