Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL.Com Getting Worse All The Time Instead Of Better

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2001, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium

I know, I know, we all miss UA CNXN. Did you notice that many times when preparing an itinerary, you can't even see the plane type.

You can pull up the seat map and guess though.

I notice this particularly with 727's & 737's.
Old Sep 5, 2001, 4:43 pm

I've only noticed this on 727s... makes sense as we all know they are working to accelerate retirement and bringing on Airbuses instead.

Personally if I was United (or any airline) I wouldn't be promoting the fact I'm still flying 727s, the planes are probably older than half the passengers. But with an active retirement program maybe they can't easily tell when a specific aircraft will be replaced and find it easier just not to list a plane type on affected routes.

Although the "my itinerary" section does seem to know the plane type.
Old Sep 5, 2001, 10:36 pm

It's not a matter of advertising. It's just a fact that should be available to a passenger showing the aircraft type he or she can expect to be on.
Old Sep 6, 2001, 11:48 am

Yes, ual.com continues to amaze me with its features... like the one yesterday when I booked an e-saver for this weekend. Price of the e-saver IAD-DTW: $162. After having purchased it, when I go to "My Itineraries" and call up the "Show Printable Receipt" option, it calls up a receipt showing a cost of $982! Whoa.

If only I were expensing this journey, I'd have myself a nice windfall.
Old Sep 6, 2001, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Try "www.united.ca"
United.ca will show you the plane types & also show the price (as low as $ for one way on a round trip). Not nearly as good as the old United Connection, but better than united.com.
Old Sep 7, 2001, 12:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chemist661:
Try "www.united.ca"
United.ca will show you the plane types & also show the price (as low as $ for one way on a round trip). Not nearly as good as the old United Connection, but better than united.com.
</font>
Feh. United.com used to show "as low as $xx" before they made more changes recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.