Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The only thing missing are the pax

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:09 am
Original Poster

The only thing missing are the pax

In the last 10 days I've flown roundtrips out of ORD to LAX, DFW, and DCA. Great flights; 5 of the 6 segments arrived early. The crews were very pleasant, the food was at the high end of OK, and the RCC folks were pleasant (even in LAX). It really does seem, as discussed in some other threads, that morale is picking up and the majority of employees are again accepting responsibility for the success of the airline. The only fly in the ointment - these flights all had loads of less that 50%.

The outbounds were all first flight of the day; six months ago they would have been packed. The returns were all late afternoon flights; again, these would have been crowded too.

ATA has been doing a lot of advertising in Chicago and their TV ads are pretty amusing. I wonder how much of an impact they're having. I'm sure that the majority of frequent business travellers live either on the north side of town or in the north/northwestern suburbs so Midway isn't the most convenient airport but if you live downtown you actually can get to Midway quicker.

Just some musings, but I hope things start to pick up soon.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:56 am

End of August is not so hot for convention or family travel. See how busy your favorite airport is NEXT week.

------------------
Old Sep 5, 2001, 1:49 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Could it be the demise of the US/UA merger?

While wating to take off last week from JFK to LHR, some SA's went by with luggage tags that basically said No Way US/UA.

No we just need to get our chockys back in C and F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.