Search

I Hate United.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2001, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
I Hate United.com

Boy I really hate United.com

It takes so long to complete a reservation -- and of course, that is after I have to checky Travelocity to check for low fares. Funny thing about travelocity -- sometimes it comes back with better routing and cheaper fares than United.

I would really like to talk to the guy or guys or women at United who thought that United.com would be equal to United Connection...maybe make them book a few tickets and see what it's like.

I really, really miss United Connection.
Old Aug 8, 2001, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had many, many positive experiences with united.com. I've spent ~ $5,000 on united.com to date. I spent $0 on united connection (although I loved the seat-map capability on united conenction). It's probably time to let united connection go and get used to something else?
Old Aug 8, 2001, 6:12 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
No, it's probably time to let United go, and get used to something else.
Old Aug 8, 2001, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
I've had many, many positive experiences with united.com</font>
I too have had many positive experiences with united.com.

1. I'm positive that I can't select the legs I want to book an itinerary.
2. I'm positive that I can't get routings I could get with United Connection. There is a 60-minute requirement between legs when building an itinerary leg-by-leg that is unnecessary when picking scheduled connections.
3. I'm positive that united.com should list every schedule connection (flight combination) shown on the UA electronic timetable.
4. I'm positive that I can't use coupons, vouchers, or unused ticket credit.
5. I'm positive that united.com is slow.
6. I'm positive I can't hold a reservation for 24 hours.
7. I'm positive that I can't get a record locator number before I ticket so I can call 1K to check for upgrade availability. So I have to read the CSR each flight number.
8. I'm positive that the features of United Connection should all have been built into united.com before the disk was shut down.
9. I'm positive that United has stopped listening.

Anyone else with positive united.com experiences to share?

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World

[This message has been edited by BL1KITW (edited 08-08-2001).]
Old Aug 8, 2001, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
dup

[This message has been edited by BL1KITW (edited 08-08-2001).]
Old Aug 8, 2001, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
I'd like to reply, but United is asking me to "please wait while we search for airline availability."

So here I am... wAAiting for AAvailibility...
Old Aug 8, 2001, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's just awful.

When you were used to the speed, flexiblity, and comprehensiveness of United Connection, the web is actually painful to use, IMHO.

Not to mention itineraries stored on your computer, Super Shopper, Reserve and Hold Option, etc. etc....
Old Aug 8, 2001, 11:19 pm

I hate United.com too. I've been trying to use it, but I'm losing my patience, for all the reasons noted above that I too am positive United.com doesn't have.

I also had an experience on Sunday where INCORRECT fare rules were displayed, which caused me to delay my purchase until Monday, only to find out on Monday that the fare actualy required a 14 day advance purchase, not 7, as the fare rule section on United.com showed. The worst thing, though was that when I pointed this issue out in an e-mail to UA, they denied there was a problem!
Old Aug 9, 2001, 6:46 am
Dub

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM
United.com makes me weep. I won't go over all the reasons, we are familiar with them all. I can't understand anyone using United.com when United Connection was operational. Maybe simple trips, ok, if you want the extra bonus miles, but even then it is a beast of a site.

I'm trying to set up a trip from Boston to Stockholm (via London on UA metal), then Stockholm to Malmo, then Malmo back to Boston. UACXN did this with ease, and very fast. United.com has a meltdown, and at best offers one choice of flights, after endless delays. Expedia can do it with a lot of effort.

I restart UACXN now and again, try to log on, just in case. Oh well....

Old Aug 9, 2001, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Transpac: I have spent $36,000 on United so far this year...80,000 miles and 85 segments, all domestic, no international. I am sorry you were never able to book on United Connection or you would have a better understanding of my (and other posters') frustrations. I am not a computer novice, and it takes about 3 times as long to purchase tickets on United.com as it did with United Connection...and having to call back repeatedly to find out if upgrades have cleared is a time waster as well.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 7:45 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
united.com is a joke. terrible. useless.

when i book online, i never go to united.com to check fares... i merely use it as a last step if i want to get the bonus miles.

now the united connection is dead, i have been using orbitz more and more to check fares. while it's nowhere as flexible, i've found the fares to generally be the lowest around (sometimes even lower than united.com!).
Old Aug 9, 2001, 8:49 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Like others, I have had positive experiences with united.com -- I'm positive that I now give all of my business to a local travel agent.

Incidentally, if anyone needs the name of an excellent travel agent in New Orleans, drop me an e-mail.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I'm positive that 4 of the last 5 itineraries I've booked priced out higher at ual.com than any other online engine -- higher than expedia, orbitz, and travelocity... sometimes by as much as 100%.

I want those online miles, but not at the expense of several hundred dollars.

And darnit if I can't ever find the flights on ual.com that I can find on everyone else's systems...
Old Aug 9, 2001, 9:30 am
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
United.com limits choices for us the consumer. United Conxn did too good of a job for the consumer. United will make more money with United.com. Let's hope that translates into lower fares and/or better service. Yeah right.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 9:49 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
[B]I'm positive that 4 of the last 5 itineraries I've booked priced out higher at ual.com than any other online engine -- higher than expedia, orbitz, and travelocity... sometimes by as much as 100%.
B]</font>
Same thing with me, and I really don't understand. I'm going to Hong Kong in a few months, and the lowest fare I can get from united.com is nearly $2000. Same itins price out in the $12XX range on both Expedia and Orbitz.

Orbitz is owned by the airlines... I don't understand the discrepancies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.