Search

EQS question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
EQS question

FT rookie needs some help:

If I travel IAD-MSY nonstop, clearly I receive one EQS.

If I travel IAD-ORD-MSY (say, UA 977 and UA 732) booked as a single itin, do I receive two EQS?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Two flight segments(two flight numbers) = two EQS.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
In short, yes.

You receive 1 EQS per segment, defined as a a single flight number between two cities. (So-called "direct" flights that include a stop count as a single segment despite the stop, but in your case the two flights have different flight numbers, hence would count as separate segments.)
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:05 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by NightTripper
FT rookie needs some help:

If I travel IAD-MSY nonstop, clearly I receive one EQS.

If I travel IAD-ORD-MSY (say, UA 977 and UA 732) booked as a single itin, do I receive two EQS?
yes you will receive 2 eqs and eqm's for each segment. as long as it is a change of flight number you will get 1 eqs per flight and eqm's for each segment and that is the key as there are some "thru/direct flights" which stop at a mid-point (with or without a change a equipment) and continue on to the final destination under the same flight number and that is all one flight (unless you book them on separate tix) with 1 eqm as if it was a non-stop flight and 1 eqs.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
thanks for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.