Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Options in LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 1:49 pm

New bmi lounges are on the way for both the domestic and international side in T1. Timing should match when the T2 A* airlines move at least for the latter.

Thread over here on the bmi board. Free wifi is mentioned.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I'm on a UA flight that transfers to an LH flight (and the reverse on the return). I'm pretty sure the LH flight is in T2. I believe there's an LH lounge in T2.

On the way out there, I'm guessing I can't pop into the *A lounge in T1, right? And on the return, I'm also guessing I can't pop into the LH lounge in T2 before I go over to T1 for my return.

Oh, and I'm also guessing there's no way in heck to make it over to the T3 SAS/AC lounge... is there?

Just trying to maximize my LHR lounge experience!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Uniter
I'm on a UA flight that transfers to an LH flight (and the reverse on the return). I'm pretty sure the LH flight is in T2. I believe there's an LH lounge in T2.

On the way out there, I'm guessing I can't pop into the *A lounge in T1, right? And on the return, I'm also guessing I can't pop into the LH lounge in T2 before I go over to T1 for my return.

Oh, and I'm also guessing there's no way in heck to make it over to the T3 SAS/AC lounge... is there?

Just trying to maximize my LHR lounge experience!
Yes, there is an LH lounge in T2. However, they will make you use the Business Lounge side instead of the Senator Lounge side. The Business lounge isn't really all that great, especially if you are looking for any real food.

You can use the *A Lounge in T1. Just be aware that the departure monitor in the *A Lounge does not show T2 flights. What I do is to chill out in the *A Lounge until about 1 hour before my T2 connecting flight, then I head over to the LH lounge and wait for the actual boarding gate to be shown on the departure monitor in the lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by LA_Traveler
Yes, there is an LH lounge in T2. However, they will make you use the Business Lounge side instead of the Senator Lounge side. The Business lounge isn't really all that great, especially if you are looking for any real food.
Really? The United website says *Gold gets you into the Senator lounge (except at STR). I thought LH was a stickler for the rules!

Heck, the LH Website says the same thing: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000390

Maybe I'll bring along a copy...
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:34 pm

Really? The United website says *Gold gets you into the Senator lounge (except at STR). I thought LH was a stickler for the rules!

Heck, the LH Website says the same thing: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000390

Maybe I'll bring along a copy...
Yes, I know what the LH website says. And I get into their Senator Lounge everywhere else.... except LHR. They won't budge. I am guessing that the LHR Senator Lounge is space limited. The *A Lounge has better food selection anyway.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: EC*G BD*G, Hilton, Eurobonus
BMI are opening a new lounge at LHR T1 in June. I have told there will be a lot more in it.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by LA_Traveler
Yes, I know what the LH website says. And I get into their Senator Lounge everywhere else.... except LHR. They won't budge. I am guessing that the LHR Senator Lounge is space limited. The *A Lounge has better food selection anyway.
Ugh. Well, I'll try and get into the Senators lounge at LHR and report back.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 17, 2009 at 7:25 am Reason: inappropriate remarks removed
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
I don't know why you'd care to fight this battle. This has been a long-standing policy at the LH lounge in LHR. You are far better off taking the time you'd spend arguing with the famously unbending LH staff walking to the *A lounge in T1---it's nicer in every way. The LH lounge at LHR is quite spartan, regardless of which side you're on. Just make sure you leave yourself enough time for the long walk to LH's T2 gates.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 17, 2009 at 7:25 am
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Erasmus
I don't know why you'd care to fight this battle. This has been a long-standing policy at the LH lounge in LHR. You are far better off taking the time you'd spend arguing with the famously unbending LH staff walking to the *A lounge in T1---it's nicer in every way. The LH lounge at LHR is quite spartan, regardless of which side you're on. Just make sure you leave yourself enough time for the long walk to LH's T2 gates.
Fair enough. To be clear, though, if I'm on a UA flight arriving at T1, there's a way for me to get into the *A Lounge before being shuffled off to T2 via Flight Connections?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:33 pm

It's not worth the argument as the LH lounge at LHR is really not that much better than RCC. But good luck to you if you want to try to force the issue. The Senator Lounges at FRA, MUC, DUS, and VIE are all much nicer, and *G's have no problem entering in those locations.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 17, 2009 at 7:25 am
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:34 pm

Fair enough. To be clear, though, if I'm on a UA flight arriving at T1, there's a way for me to get into the *A Lounge before being shuffled off to T2 via Flight Connections?
Yes, in fact you'll walk right by the *A lounge after you come out of security heading over the T2.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
T1/T2 are the same way from the arrivals area. After you pass security, simply turn left to T1 rather than right to T2. There's a (long) hallway connecting them, so even if you do end up in T2 by mistake, you can just walk back.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 8:58 am

here's a question ... if i'am checking in at lon heathrow for a lufthansa flight (t2) can i then walk over to *a lounge (t1) and use there nice facilities??
Old Apr 16, 2009, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by AJetSetter
here's a question ... if i'am checking in at lon heathrow for a lufthansa flight (t2) can i then walk over to *a lounge (t1) and use there nice facilities??
I think this should be fine since T1 & T2 are connected airside, but I'd leave it to the experts for the confirmation.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: Some good, some bad
Originally Posted by AJetSetter
Yup, no problem walking between T1 and T2 airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.