Wiki Posts
Search

RCC Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US CP
RCC Question

I have a basic question about the Red Carpet Club. I'm flying out of SFO on US (for reasons beyond my control), but I don't think there's a US Airways Club there. I'm an RCC member, though. Can I get into the RCC even though I'm flying US that particular day?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Welcome to FT!

As long as you can access that airport area where the RCC is located, if you are a RCC member, of course you can!

Last edited by 6rugrats; Jan 17, 2009 at 10:11 pm Reason: To correct my bad manners and add a welcome
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Absolutely. If you are a RCC member, and have your card with you or can give your card number or MP#.....then you are in like flynn.

The key is being a member- if you are not a member then admittance depends on other factors: who you are flying, where you are headed (international or domestic?), and which class of service you are flying, and what is your *A (star alliance) status etc.

Hey good luck and welcome to FT! You will find a wealth of info here and helpful folks who will make your flying experience more efficient, informed and interesting!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Yes this is very possible to do but the biggest issue will be US gates are in the South Terminal (T1) and United is in the North Terminal (T3). It is a long walk but you can use the AirTran to get between the two terminals.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalks, ejote!

And don't expect any drink coupons!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
the walk is not bad, will take you about 5 minutes if you are quick, and goes trhough the old international (original SFO terminal) terminal, sort of interesting.

problem is that RCC is behind security, and you would have to get through security. I don't think TSA (actually its a contractor at SFO) will let you through with a US ticket. Are you changing planes, hense the desire to use the RCC? Otherwise, I would just come late to the airport and skip the RCC, way too much hastle for what it is worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.