Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can infant travel for free on domstic legs of int'l ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist

My wife and I are headed to a couple of cities in Europe in several months on a combination of UA, LH, and LX. We live in ATL and are connecting via Dulles in both directions. The grandparents live near Dulles and we're planning on bringing our toddler just on those two domestic legs (ATL-IAD and IAD-ATL) as the grandparents will be taking care of her while we're away.

When we booked our biz class award tickets, I explained this to the rep to ensure it would be no problem and she confirmed. Sound right? I'm hoping someone who has done this can confirm from first-hand experience that you can bring a lap child on the domestic legs of an international ticket for free....thanks in advance!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
It's been about 18 months since mine was < 2 but as of then you had to call UA and have them add "lap child" notation to the reservation, attached to one passenger. there would be a second boarding pass issued in the passenger's name with "lap child" marker on it somewhere.

I haven't done what you're doing but should be no problem having lap child boarding pass issued only for the domestic segments. And yes it would be free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.