Search

Can I earn EQM/RDM on this flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Can I earn EQM/RDM on this flight?

Hi All,

I recently booked a one-way flight from MAA (Chennai, India) to BKK marketed by Air India but operated by Thai Airways. Why did I do this instead of booking with Thai directly? Because the flight was only about $220 vs. $580 with Thai. To compound the issue, I purchased through Expedia and was FORCED to book as a paper ticket.

I entered my MP number via the Expedia website, but it says that it is invalid.

My plan is to ask Thai Air to put in my MP number when I check in with them at MAA. From the MP website: "The miles accrued are determined by the operating airline." So, I think that I should be OK...but is there some kind of policy of which I am unaware?

Any input is appreciated...thanks in advance.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
As long as this is a mileage-earning fare, you should be OK. Give them your number at check-in, but also be sure to keep your boarding passes just in case...
Old Jan 3, 2009, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
good idea...I'll be sure to hold on to the boarding pass...just in case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.