Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upset business class customer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2000, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I agree. I read some of the complaints. Some were horrific, and others were among the pettiest things I have ever heard.

On the other hand.... There have been some int'l C flights where I agree that getting a beverage has been near-impossible, or when a flight attendant sees an empty glass, staring at it, and does nothing, including ask if you want more. And I always feel like an idiot ringing a call bell, which i do on average less than once a year. On the other other hand, I save my complaints for more material issues.
Old Jun 13, 2000, 4:10 am

I've only perused UNTIED.COM once, so I am not a fan of it at all, but in its defense, it serves as a venting forum for many people. And I also keep in mind most of the traveling public who vent on it are INfrequent travelers, who may not be as worldly or sophisticated as others, yet they can be upset. Reading all the posts helped me understand why UA would not reply to every complaint. But I also noted many posts credibly describing very inappropriate behavior on the part of UA individuals.
Old Jun 13, 2000, 2:49 pm

It's been said before in other threads, but I find the most fun part of reading untied.com is that so many people posting there actually think that they are sending an email to the UA customer service department by posting to untied.com.
Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:10 am

[This message has been edited by FQTV (edited 10-08-2000).]
Old Jun 16, 2000, 7:07 pm
In Memoriam

I know why this guy didn't get served! He kept asking for the "Stewart," but the male FA's name was James; he also asked for the "stewardess" but no self-respecting female FA is going to accept that sexist label these days - if they did, we might as well call them "Space Waitresses!"
Old Oct 8, 2000, 6:31 am

Old Oct 8, 2000, 6:31 am

Old Oct 8, 2000, 2:07 pm

I have concluded, after flying on both UA and LH somewhat often in the past year (about once a month), that there is an aprreciable difference between the service - mind you I have been coach or business on all flights.

My generalization, for which there obviously are exceptions, is as follows:

UA FA's can be cranky, seem to have geat sense of job security, tend to sit around and complain about management, emphasize that they are here primarily for safety (IMO that is code for don't expect all those things the marketing department has been promoting, like good service).

Thy typical LH attendant is 30-35, extremely polite, energetic, doesn't sit down much and attentive to pax needs. On at least one flight they announced that there would be snacks and drinks in the galleys between meals - and this was in COACH, a completely booked 744. You can get ugly looks on UA if you venture into the galleys, IMO.

I am flying Biz class MUC IAD on UA at the end of the month, will be interesting to see if my perceptions are reinforced or changed.
Old Oct 8, 2000, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
MUC Flyer, the one roundtrip I took on LH ever (was in F, 2 months ago) was comparable to the best UA F service I'd ever had, and better than most of the UA service I've had. You could have an outstanding flight. Probably, you'll have an ok flight, with comfortable seats.
Old Oct 8, 2000, 5:54 pm

Well, I haven't been fortunate enough to get into First on LH, although from what Rudi has said it is an experience well worth it.

However, I have flown LH in coach, both short-hop (intra-Europe) and long-haul (e.g., SEL-FRA), and can say that I found the LH service, both before boarding and on the plane, to be superior to United coach.
Old Oct 8, 2000, 6:06 pm

Originally posted by johna:
I know why this guy didn't get served! He kept asking for the "Stewart," but the male FA's name was James; he also asked for the "stewardess" but no self-respecting female FA is going to accept that sexist label these days - if they did, we might as well call them "Space Waitresses!"
It's a language thing. The site is Belgian and English is not the person's native language.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.