Wiki Posts
Search

Daily automatic limit on flight credits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 1999, 3:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Daily automatic limit on flight credits

On September 2nd, on a very busy day, I flew 6 segments around California on United Express. After more than two weeks had gone by, I had only received credit for 3 segments. When I called MP, I was told that the computer limits credit to 3 segements per day member and that the missing flight information has to be sent in. Be forewarned!
Old Sep 17, 1999, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
It seems like it would be an old safeguard against "giving out your MP # for use by others" but it should be eliminated now that positive photo ID match is required. You should give the MP service center a polite complaint call and tell them why this policy is no longer needed.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 5:41 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I have had this problem before as well. Once a month I make a trip with two Shuttle and two UA Express flights all on one day. Not all the time; but probably about 50% of the time, I got credit for only three of the four segments. Each time it was easily resolved with a phone call to the Service Center. They told me much the same thing about more than three flights a day causing security issues and the last flight not posting. They appear to like the current policy and have given me no indication of planning to change it. The customer service issue does not seem to be a priority.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I often have days as well were I do 4 segments. Usually 2 UA Shuttle and 2 UA Express. I've never had this problem...lucky for once I guess.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, SF1K, maybe that's another 1K benefit for us, "Blackout dates waived on denial of MP credit for too many flights". (oh, and on a personal note, you are letting too much fog across the bay tonight. It is bone-chilling cold, windy and foggy. Make it stop.)
Old Sep 18, 1999, 2:12 am

Could it be this applies only to Shuttle/United Express flights? I've frequently flown four flights in one day and never had any not show up. (Of course, all four qwere on the same ticket, so maybe that had something to do with it?)
Old Sep 18, 1999, 7:08 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
no mileage-credit problem with UA for this month's flights on the same day:

UA MCO-LAX
UA (Express) LAX-SNA
UA (Express) SNA-LAX
UA LAX-JFK
Old Sep 18, 1999, 5:10 pm

From McCoy to Los Angeles and back to Kennedy all in one day? Wow! Long day!

I looked back over my recent flights and had the following on single days:

COS - DEN (ticket "A")
DEN - LAX (ticket "A")
LAX - SFO (Shuttle, Ticket "B")
SFO - LAX (Shuttle, Ticket "B")

and also

SEL - NRT
NRT - SEA
SEA - ORD
ORD - MLI (all on the same ticket, final flight on United Express)

All flights posted promptly.

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 09-18-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.