Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Carpet boarding as 1P?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
I never said that...my point is that there should be a medium...UA obviously agrees.
Um wow really? First: yes you did, second no they don't. According to the post I quoted from the GA you get a group to board before 2P/3P but still on the blue side. Every post you've made has your "medium" to be using the red carpet but after 1K/GS, which again would be a disaster as 1K/GS would no longer get to board whenever and the GA would spend way too much time opening and closing the lane as F/GS/1K/1Ps showed up.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If 1Ps are allowed to use the Red Carpet, it reduces the difference between 1K and 1P. The Red Carpet is a significant benefit for 1K if you fly hub to hub. Maybe it's not so important in smaller markets. But, in DEN, IAD, SFO, LAX, etc... it's awesome.

Now if they did what AAnother airline does and removes the requirement for 500mile upgrades for 1K, then I might not care about the whole red carpet thing...
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Apparently you are the one that believes you are too good to be boarding with the 3Ps.
Haha, way to turn it around. YOU and the 1K's who are too good to board with the 1P's.

Originally Posted by ryan182
Um wow really? First: yes you did, second no they don't. According to the post I quoted from the GA you get a group to board before 2P/3P but still on the blue side. Every post you've made has your "medium" to be using the red carpet but after 1K/GS, which again would be a disaster as 1K/GS would no longer get to board whenever and the GA would spend way too much time opening and closing the lane as F/GS/1K/1Ps showed up.
Boarding over the RC after the 1K's was just an idea. My beef was having to wait in the seating area with the most amount of pax. I'm completely fine with what GA has posted. That way gives me and the 1P's what we want and the 1K's can still board whenever they want. Fair.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 17, 2008 at 1:36 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
Cmon, read what I wrote: I NEVER said 1P's should board WITH 1K/GS, I said after, but over the red carpet.
Agreed with you in spirit, but not with that.

As you can see from the post by a GA they are getting their own group but still use the regular line or at least thats how it looks. Which sounds fine and dandy to me...
Sounds good.

...and its also completely besides the point that was being made, specifically: the poster who seems to think they should get to board on the RC regardless of what UA says
ok, then I'm done here.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Agreed with you in spirit, but not with that.

That was only if the 1P's were stuck in seating 1. If they get a completely different boarding group, thats fine by me.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Mmm.. Honestly, in the end.. is it really that important? Once you board, you fly, and then you arrive.. at the same time with F, GS, 1K, and other tier levels..

Agreed that you have status.. in simple terms, as to the above: board, fly, arrive..

I might not understand the general sentiments here.. So please.. Enlighten me..
Old Oct 16, 2008, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. Venkman

Now if they did what AAnother airline does and removes the requirement for 500mile upgrades for 1K, then I might not care about the whole red carpet thing...
Yeah, but isn't AAnother airline allowing ALL elites and even full fare Y customers to board over the "red carpet" via PriorityAAcess??

Last edited by UAX_Brasilia; Nov 18, 2008 at 10:32 am
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
There is a red sign that tells who can board via on the Red Carpet.

GS, 1K, F and C.

I want to keep it that way. Everyone else can board when they are called not using the Red Carpet. Don't dilute the benefits.
I (1P) accidentally stood in the red carpet line because I didn't read the sign properly -- probably saw Business Class and assumed 1P because that's how it is at the ticketing counters. To me it makes more sense to keep the same perks for the same classes everywhere. To add to my confusion, I had flown in C class from Australia but the domestic leg was Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.