Wiki Posts
Search

Red Carpet boarding as 1P?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:34 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
It happened today on a Skywest out of DEN. It amounted to maybe 7 pax on a fully loaded CRJ200.
Skywest in DEN actually used the Red Carpet??!!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Oh. Beware of the UX gates at DEN then.
That's ironic since we were posting at the same time! My route today would have a low UA elite pop, so YMMV on "rug" traffic in DEN if UX implements this officially.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by ORD Gates
Yes, coming soon Premier Exec's will officially have their own separate boarding group.

The boarding order will be as follows.
1) GS/UF/1K
2) UB (if applicable)
3) Premier Execs
4) Seating Area 1

This was in our weekly 'lesson' last week, and to be honest we don't actually pay all that much attention to them, so I don't remember for sure whether Premier Execs will board on the rug or not, but I want to say no.
I never really paid much attention but a few things that have occurred recently makes me think that there needs to be distinct GS/F/1K separation from C. I also like the added 1P distinction from seating area 1. If UA can really get agents to follow the new script, I would be extremely happy as a 1K or 1P.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I never really paid much attention but a few things that have occurred recently makes me think that there needs to be distinct GS/F/1K separation from C. I also like the added 1P distinction from seating area 1. If UA can really get agents to follow the new script, I would be extremely happy as a 1K or 1P.
I fixed it for you, the "If" wasn't nearly big enough
Old Oct 16, 2008, 12:50 pm

I don't know about F/1K differentiation, but I would even be for allowing GS first crack.

1) GS*
2) UF/1K*
3) UB (if applicable)*
4) Premier Execs
5) Seating Area 1

* via Red Carpet

Last edited by anc-ord772; Oct 16, 2008 at 5:11 pm Reason: Clarify Who Can Use Red Carpet
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

There is a red sign that tells who can board via on the Red Carpet.

GS, 1K, F and C.

I want to keep it that way. Everyone else can board when they are called not using the Red Carpet. Don't dilute the benefits.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Happened on my BHM-ORD United Express (no red carpet, but separate calling of 1P).

Also, as walking through terminal, heard it twice...
Old Oct 16, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
UA seems to send out memos like this, because "new" things happen to me on some of the flights, but not all. Like the ground staff coming on to the plane and saying "On behalf of the United Ground staff at XXX, we wish you a good flight". This happens on probably half of the flights.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 5:43 pm

Programs: nobody
I don't know about F/1K differentiation, but I would even be for allowing GS first crack.

1) GS*
2) UF/1K*
3) UB (if applicable)*
4) Premier Execs
5) Seating Area 1

* via Red Carpet
Wow, if the first 4 groups board together, will general boarding had a shorter line than the Red Carpet in SFO now?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:03 pm

1) GS*
2) UF/1K*
3) UB (if applicable)*
4) Premier Execs
5) Seating Area 1

* via Red Carpet
As a person who no longer flies enough to get status, but who still flies F sometimes, I think their priority should be the people who actually pay for F.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
There is a red sign that tells who can board via on the Red Carpet.

GS, 1K, F and C.

I want to keep it that way. Everyone else can board when they are called not using the Red Carpet. Don't dilute the benefits.
LOL, when you get off your high horse, let us know.... Is walking across a piece of worn red fabric that much of a big deal to you?

The 1P called ahead of seating area 1 (obviously putting 1P ahead of Premier and Premier Associate - which are so common these days) is the big deal here. Who cares about the actual carpet. 99% of the time, even when I was a 2P, and now I'm a 1P, if I get to the gate later, and they've started boarding (from RCC or just running late), and they are on seating 2 or more, I've gone through the Red Carpet line with no question, nasty look or anything - at ORD and SFO *many* times... over the past 2 or so years...

Last edited by psubill78; Oct 16, 2008 at 6:55 pm
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by psubill78
LOL, when you get off your high horse, let us know.... Is walking across a piece of worn red fabric that much of a big deal to you?

The 1P called ahead of seating area 1 (obviously putting 1P ahead of Premier and Premier Associate - which are so common these days) is the big deal here. Who cares about the actual carpet. 99% of the time, even when I was a 2P, and now I'm a 1P, if I get to the gate later, and they've started boarding (from RCC or just running late), and they are on seating 2 or more, I've gone through the Red Carpet line with no question, nasty look or anything - at ORD and SFO *many* times... over the past 2 or so years...
Yeah, it seems if there is no one really boarding over the red carpet, and you come through as a 1P (or even anyone with a gold BP), they really do not care (for the most part).
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by psubill78

Some of the discussion was letting 1P's using the Red Carpet - I say no. Many of us make connections, are in the RCC or are finishing things up in the boarding area. To use the Red Carpet whenever we want is a solid perk.

And by the way, it's not the fact that it is literally a red carpet. But I guess that some people may not understand the concept.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Wow, if the first 4 groups board together, will general boarding had a shorter line than the Red Carpet in SFO now?
Hubs will always skew things.

Originally Posted by Mark_K
As a person who no longer flies enough to get status, but who still flies F sometimes, I think their priority should be the people who actually pay for F.
Over GS?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Some of the discussion was letting 1P's using the Red Carpet - I say no. Many of us make connections, are in the RCC or are finishing things up in the boarding area. To use the Red Carpet whenever we want is a solid perk.

And by the way, it's not the fact that it is literally a red carpet. But I guess that some people may not understand the concept.
Answer me this:

Why shouldn't 1P's have the ability to board over the red carpet? What makes your 125,000 miles (or whatever) so much better than my 85,000? I fly 85,000 miles and 90 segments a year, and I have to stand in a line a mile long while I watch a person who flies a few more miles than me each year cut in front of everyone, and take that oh so important overhead bin.

Really. I want an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.