Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Miles Not Deducted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 1999, 10:45 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Upgrade Miles Not Deducted

Okay. My wife and I have upgraded our trip to BOS. Did the upgrade for outbound and return trips separately (by the way, get double the hotel/rental certs. this way). Did the first 10k per person. Fine. 20k was taken from my FF account. Upgraded the return.

Then, callled to upgrade the outbound with 20k from my wife's account. Well that was about six weeks ago, AND, the points have yet to be deducted from her account. Yet we are shown to be upgraded on the outbound. When I upgraded I asked for a faxed copy of the confirmed itinerary with seat assignments. Have heard stories of mishaps with upgrades. So, got the fax. Seat assignment in first. Still, no miles taken from the account.

Any estimations of the situation? Would you suspect that when we get to the airport they will deduct the miles. Is the system perhaps taking longer than usual, and will eventually take the miles out. Traveling in May. Any experience with this, or how to play it if things get hairy upon arriving at the UA counter on day of departure.

Many thanks.
(Catman, I owe you the UA hotel certs as soon as these miles come out. Sorry for the delay.)
Old Mar 21, 1999, 12:32 am

The story is told of three men - political prisoners - sentenced to death by guillotine.

When the time for the execution came around, the three were brought to the courtyard where the guillotine stood. The first was placed into the device, the cord was pulled, and the blade came flashing down, only to stop a foot from the neck of the condemned man.

"A miracle" cried the crowd, and because it was apparent to the officials that a higher power did not want the man executed, he was released, his sentence commuted.

The second prisoner was then placed into the guillotine, the cord was pulled, and the blade came flashing down, only to stop again about a foot from the neck of the condemned man. Again the "sign" persuaded the officials to release the prisoner and commute his sentence.

The warders then seized the third prisoner and prepared to place him in the guillotine. “Wait,” he cried, “There’s something wrong with the guide for the blade. If you grease this rusty spot I think the blade should work without hanging up.”

It turned out he was correct.
Old Mar 21, 1999, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well put BigTomF. Jeff, count your blessings (and your miles) and leave it at that.
Old Mar 21, 1999, 11:12 am
Original Member

I had a similar thing happen on a trip to Brussells from SFO. I upgraded using miles at one of the city offices, and received a new itinerary card with the "confirmed" seat assignments in business class. No miles had been taken out of my account. When I went to the airport, I was giddy with the thought that United made a mistake in my favor. No such luck. The CSR noticed that the miles have not been taken out of my account, and demanded that they be deducted. I argued that the seats were already confirmed, but to no avail. I imagine that the same will happen to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.