Wiki Posts
Search

Using mileage for hotel and car rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 1998, 3:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Using mileage for hotel and car rental

Thank you all for responding to my initial question on how to solve the 4,000 miles shortage. I have now completed changing my AMEX card to give me mileage rewards; haven't done it with MCI yet, but I could not change one MasterCard so I guess I probably have to cancel it and request another kind of card.

Everyone was right to say that seats are very limited for Orlando. We are therefore going to London/Paris and renting an apartment there.

Is there a site I can log to that will let me know approximately how many airline miles to rent a car for a week or a hotel room for a week without logging individually to each hotel and car rental site. Is there some benchmark I can use (like what the airlines use for ex 50,000 miles for a coach ticket to Europe round trip). I was thinking of redeeming the miles on airlines we have a small balance in. For example,on AA, we have 8,000 miles; my husband has 15,000 on UA. Do we have to arrange to transfer airline miles to individual hotel or car programs?

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.