Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower in NRT - UA or ANA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Shower in NRT - UA or ANA?

1K arriving and departing on UA 837 SFO through to BKK (arrive 2:10 p.m. depart 6:30 p.m.). Does UA lounge now/still have H2O products (last time was a mix)? Is ANA shower better in any event? I always try to stop there for the noodle bar. If better posted in *A forum, mods please move (but no one seems to post there that much ...)
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I was through NRT 2X in July, had full H20 kits both times, and no waits for showers. ANA better food, RCC better showers is kinda the rule of thumb...I have never used the ANA showers as a result...but I hear the amenities are a bit stale- adequate but just kinda plastic one time packets of shampoo etc etc.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:04 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
ANA showers are great. Bring your own toiletries if you're that concerned about what you receive. Just use whichever shower facility is closest and/or has an open stall available. You can't really go wrong with either.

- T
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Without a doubt; ANA trumps United RCC!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 3 Million Miler, Hyatt GP Diamond
For showers, United is far better than ANA. I think the food in ANA is marginally better- but neither is great. The old SQ lounge had by far the best food.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:16 am

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
I concur with those that commend the NRT RCC for showers just slightly over the ANA facilities. There are more of them if I recall and the amenities seem a bit nicer.

I also concur that ANA provides far better food.

And since a ten to fifteen minute walk is probably the best possible thing for one's body after slounging on three to twelve hour flights, I usually try to do the walking and hit both the RCC and the ANA facilities if I have two hours or more.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I don't understand why people rave about RCC's shower, especially when RCC is always crowded in the afternoon. I was at NRT in July, and there was no wait line for shower at ANA's lounge. The shower at ANA was clean and nice. Food is also nicer at ANA with sushi, sandwich, hot udon and soba. ANA has a larger lounge in my opinion and provides a more spacious feeling than RCC.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I don't rave, but I have never been disappointed. Maybe I will give the ANA showers a run in October when I route back through. I don't like to have to bring my own shower stuff- so I have always enjoyed the full kit RCC gives, and the shower rooms themselves a really a bit above my expectations. Spacious and clean. Pretty nice finishes. No doubt the food is sub par, what there is of it. So I agree with whoever said, hit both for the excercise. Shower at one and then eat at one. Seems like the better food is in ANA, and the better showers/kits better in RCC.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
For showers and free toiletries that you can take home, RCC wins handsdown!

The only downside to the RCC showers, at least as of last week, is that the rooms were very warm and each one hand an electric floor fan installed - maybe the A/C wasn't working properly.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Arrow ANA NRT Showers

Originally Posted by JSlo
I don't like to have to bring my own shower stuff- so I have always enjoyed the full kit RCC gives....
My last shower at the ANA lounge last year was very nice. Soap and such provided by ANA. You do not need to bring shower stuff. You don't get a kit like at the RCC, so if that's not important try ANA.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:50 am

The shower amenities given at the ANA lounge depends on which airline and class of service you're flying in.

I handed the shower attendant an F boarding card printed in Seoul by OZ and she gave me a very basic kit. So I went back into the F lounge to get my own toiletries.

When I passed by her on my way to the shower, she was very apologetic and said she didn't realize I was flying NH First. She then handed me a much nicer L'OCCITANE kit.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Yep... you can receive the L'Occtaine kit at the ANA showers if you ask for it. It will be provided for you if you are flying F on ANA, SQ or (I assume) any other *A carrier.

- T
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:47 am
In Memoriam

showers

IMHO, the showers in both lounges are comparable, but I prefer the food in the ANA lounge. Plus as mentioned above, a 15 minute walks can't hurt.

Cheers,

wwbgd
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Shower at RCC, always do that each time I transit there
Old Aug 25, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Yep... you can receive the L'Occtaine kit at the ANA showers if you ask for it. It will be provided for you if you are flying F on ANA, SQ or (I assume) any other *A carrier.

- T
Also my experience. I got them when I flew through on SQ F. When I came back in C, I had to ask for them when they tried to pawn off the cheap packet on me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.