Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Every change I ask for, it's "Gimme 10 minutes to check and see if that's valid...."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Every change I ask for, it's "Gimme 10 minutes to check and see if that's valid...."

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond

It's very annoying and I know this routing's valid but every time I make one little change to my LAX-LAS-PHX-JFK-FRA-IST-CAI-RUH-IST-OTP-WAW-AMS-IAD-JFK-LAX itinerary, they're always taking 10 or 15 minutes to check the validity of this route.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:08 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wiggums
It's very annoying and I know this routing's valid but every time I make one little change to my LAX-LAS-PHX-JFK-FRA-IST-CAI-RUH-IST-OTP-WAW-AMS-IAD-JFK-LAX itinerary, they're always taking 10 or 15 minutes to check the validity of this route.
And you are surprized??? 14 segemnts!!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I was the one who came up with this crazy routing, thanks to KVS... but it's been a hassle! I know it's completely valid!!!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Why would you expect agents to immediately see that routing as valid?

It may well be valid, but the agent having to check should not be a complaint. If they said it wasn't and it were, well, that is different.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
Damn ...

"If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium" ...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by qasr
Why would you expect agents to immediately see that routing as valid?

It may well be valid, but the agent having to check should not be a complaint. If they said it wasn't and it were, well, that is different.
Actually, I would expect that the validity of routings would be checked up front, obviating the need to do it every time some agents gets suspicious. Sure, if one of OP's "little changes" is the route itself, then I would expect it to be checked, but otherwise, why should it be checked every time?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I could understand your frustrations if this were a domestic ticket, because domestic fare rules shouldn't be complicated (even though it is on UA as well as other legacy carriers). However, do you honestly expect an agent to know all the fare rules for international tickets, when there are hundreds of bilateral agreements dictating their terms?

On the flip side, would you actually trust an agent who doesn't take their time to check things out, and just gives you a yes/no answer right off the bat?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

The problem is they check the entire thing before I get to utter a single word. They're always in disbelief and have to check every single time!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Okay, just did it for the forth time... I give them the reservation number, they always say, "Whoa, you have way too many stops." I'm always assuring them the routing's valid.. and they gotta check just to be sure.

It's 10 to 20 minutes of crappy music before I get to tell them what part I want changed. My eardrums have been permanently scarred.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS
Why didn't you originate in SNA, your home airport in your profile.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Wow thats quite the trip, is this a MR? How much does that cost, its pretty impressive!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Why didn't you originate in SNA, your home airport in your profile.
Becuase of LAS... I'd have to do SNA-SFO-LAS.. forget it. LAX, it is. And routing back to LAX was better.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryan182
Wow thats quite the trip, is this a MR? How much does that cost, its pretty impressive!
105k. The most impressive part is ALL are confirmed "C" or two-cabin "F" and I'm looking forward to UA, US, SQ, TK, MS, LO, LH. I know MS is nothing to look forward to, but the others...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
My SFO-DUB award routing is only 10 segments on 5 Star carriers. Crap!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:44 pm

Amazing! have a great flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.