Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30K Signup bonus MP Visa, non targeted

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UMP, SPG
I went throught about 4 MP Visas -on the last one I didn't get the sign-up miles as I had had a previous card within the last year or so. The fine print on this offer does say for for first time card members only(as they all do, I think). Are you all speaking from very recent experience that you're getting miles upon subsequent sign-ups?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA General
Has anyone tried calling Chase up and tell them to cancel the card, and see if they would waive the annual fee?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, WN Cargo, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Calling up and canceling did help me out of a fee on another Chase card. No idea if it will work with the UA card. I'll find out in April. I forget what the fee is for the Platinum card, but since we've been virtually required to use a corporate card for all our business transactions now, it's just not worth it. If they waive it, then I'll keep it another year.

My F9 MC was waived the second year for the threat of canceling. Year 3 they said no. YMMV
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
How many flavors are there?

How many flavors of this UA Chase MP card is there? I currently have the VISA Signature and the Business Card........could I cancel both of them and apply for other flavors to get bonus miles?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by gomike
I am going to cancel all my MP cards so I can clear my history with Chase. After you are cardless for a year they will give you the signup bonus again. This is not written anywhere but my wife has tested it.
Sounds like a plan, both my wife and I have been getting offers of 25K AA miles to sign up with whoever does their card. Go with them for a year, get free flights somewhere, then switch back to a MP card.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, WN Cargo, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Mark_K
Sounds like a plan, both my wife and I have been getting offers of 25K AA miles to sign up with whoever does their card. Go with them for a year, get free flights somewhere, then switch back to a MP card.
Let me know how you like the AA card if you do that. I have 24,500 AA miles now and wouldn't mind a free flight to somewhere. Gonna double dip on my next Hilton stay to get me to a freebie, provided I can find one at 25,000.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 1:58 pm

Chase sent me a notice that they were cancelling a card I had with them from many moons ago through GE. I never used it but kept it because it is recommended that one keeps the old accounts for long term credit history.

So I thought I may as well call and cancel my UA Chase card which I opened last August '08 for a 50K miles bonus and $60 annual fee. The rep informed me that they & UA would take back my 50K miles if I cancelled the card.

What is the time frame to be able to cancel this card without them taking the 50k miles away from me? What if I use the miles and have none left?

Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 4ARedOctober
What is the time frame to be able to cancel this card without them taking the 50k miles away from me?
Thanks.
6 months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.