Wiki Posts
Search

UA-LH international upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
UA-LH international upgrade

I'm planning to fly SFO-FRA-DME then return from FCO-IAD-SFO. I've checked that the we can get confirmed NC upgrades on the UA segments whereas the FRA-DME segment is on LH in economy. Is there a way for UA to issue a ticket for the UA segments in upgraded business but also use miles for a saver/standard *A award for the LH segment on one ticket? I'm afraid of ticketing the UA and LH separately as the connection time in FRA is only 1h 15min. Of note, the CSR said there weren't any upgrades available yet for SFO-IAD-DME even though the flights are nearly empty because of the uncertain start date of the new route.

Any suggestions?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sfonorth
Is there a way for UA to issue a ticket for the UA segments in upgraded business but also use miles for a saver/standard *A award for the LH segment on one ticket?
No. You can't combine revenue and award travel on a single PNR. (And there are no standard *A awards - they're all savers.)
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:24 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfonorth
I'm planning to fly SFO-FRA-DME then return from FCO-IAD-SFO. I've checked that the we can get confirmed NC upgrades on the UA segments whereas the FRA-DME segment is on LH in economy. Is there a way for UA to issue a ticket for the UA segments in upgraded business but also use miles for a saver/standard *A award for the LH segment on one ticket? I'm afraid of ticketing the UA and LH separately as the connection time in FRA is only 1h 15min. Of note, the CSR said there weren't any upgrades available yet for SFO-IAD-DME even though the flights are nearly empty because of the uncertain start date of the new route.

Any suggestions?
If you buy a paid ticket, what fare class are you going to buy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.