Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No-show or change flight ahead of time?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 2:56 am
Original Poster

No-show or change flight ahead of time?

I am booked to fly JFK-SFO the morning after my int'l flight arrives JFK. (Different reservations)
Due to a schedule change on my int'l itinerary I will now arrive JFK the afternoon of my JFK-SFO flight.
Should I change my JFK departure by 24 hours? Change fee $150.
Or should I show up at the UA counter 12 hours late and see what happens.
If I change my reservation by 24 hours, I will standby for an evening departure from JFK.

My only experience with this was last year in MCO. I arrived late on another airline missing my UA flight. UA booked me on their next flight out no charge. Again different reservations. I did part with a GTEM in this case.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Do you have checked bags? What's your general risk tolerance and how much do you value peace of mind? Is $150 worth it for peace of mind? What are the loads on the evening flights?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

No checked bags.
Evening loads appear to be wide open.
My main concern is no showing for my 6:00 flight, my itinerary be cancelled.
Will I be able to activate it for $150 of less or will I have to buy a new ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.