Wiki Posts
Search

Standby connecting flight question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Standby connecting flight question

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a noob question, but I don't fly standby very often, especially on United:

I will be flying IAD-SFO-MFR. There is only a 40 minute layover in SFO with the flight I want, and apparently the IAD-SFO flight is only on-time 60% of the time. So, can I book it with a later connecting flight (giving a 2.5 hour layover) and then standby for the earlier connecting flight if I happen to get to SFO in time? I am Star Silver if that helps.

I don't want to just book the earlier connecting flight now (and assume they will put me on the later one if I should miss my connection) because the second flight looks pretty full.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Yes you can walk to the gate and request a standby seat. Whether or not a seat is available is another question, but the *A Sliver will bump you up the standby list.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 5, 2008 at 10:50 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes you can walk to the gate and request a standby seat. Whether or not a seat is available is another questions, but the *A Sliver with bump you up the standby list.
Cool. Thanks. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.