Wiki Posts
Search

Least lifetime UA miles w/ an op-up?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Plat
Least lifetime UA miles w/ an op-up?

Hard to remember the exact number, but as I had only just been awarded 2P, it must have been around 27K...

Go UA!

This thread is in response to "Most lifetime UA miles w/o an op-up?"
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786611

Trying to be positive...
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
I got a TPA-ORD op-up in the halcyon days of 1994. Nice way to fly back to college. I'm sure I had less than 10,000 lifetime miles at the time.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Believe it or not, I had an op-up on my first ever trip with United. It was the return portion of a roundtrip ticket, flying Phoenix-Chicago (DC10 IIRC). This was early 1987, and I was returning to grad school from my holiday break. I think I checked in a little on the late side, but otherwise not sure how it happened.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
My first United flight ever. BKK --> NRT. Op up. Then NRT --> ORD. Op up.

Of course, I flashed the black passport.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:36 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I had flown UA a few times when very young with my parents, but had not flown them for about 10 years since school/college, etc. because I had no particular allegiance to them. I do remember once the 3 of us getting upped to C once to HKG, which was fun (I remember caviar), but it didn't leave me particularly going out of my way to fly UA.

Then on my first itinerary with them on my own in 1997 (booked by someone else), coming back from SAN-BOS, it was a warm day, which in SAN sometimes requires shedding load and VDBs. I volunteered to the GA, who was pretty frazzled and grateful, and I ended up going SAN-SFO-BOS, bumped up 2x to first class in the old 767-200 3-class service, with ice cream, crystal glasses for port, individual video tapes, and electric reclining seats.

I was converted after that flight, and have never looked back since.

Sometimes it's those small events that change everything. Too bad you can't run a business around them..
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
One of my two younger brothers took his first TATL with UA about seven years back. He was on el cheapo cabbage ticket ... lo and behold he found himself in C. So zero miles in the bank for him then! lol
My first was about ten years ago on a daytime JFK-LHR ... at that stage I think I was still GM and probably had about 50K BIS miles.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:42 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
My girlfriend and I were op-uped to C on LHR-JFK on super cheepo tickets a couple years ago. I was at about 30k lifetime and she was under 10k (and neither of us had status).
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 1 MM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Daughter and I were OP-UPed on award tickets from Y-C LHR-SFO back in 99 after I'd been flying with UA for just about a year. I had just received 1P as I recall.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:57 pm

Zero.

Non-MP member, flying C from SFO to NRT. Op-upped to F
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

0 credited to MP, I was op-ed up on a Z fare to F on a SIN-NRT segment once. (I was a CP on US at the time though.)
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Mine was in 1994. LAX-NRT upper deck of 744....I think I had less than 50K lifetime BIS at the time.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
I was sitting at 11,153 when I received my first op-up ever back at June 12th on LAX-NRT. ^
Old Jul 6, 2008, 4:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
As I related somewhere else, I too got an Op-Up on my first ever UA flight - ORD-DEN as mentioned in my signature.

My second came some years later when UA came to LHR and I got an Op-up on my second international trip in two weekends. (I think they had triple miles).

Then I enjoyed them on and off for several years, but I have to report that I've not had a single one in the past seven years - but that is for another thread.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
2003: 13,116 miles, upgraded Y to C on SYD-LAX and then again 2 days later on SFO-FRA. Though I had a pretty long wait after that for the next one to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.